Werribee St Albans Albanvale among fastest growing Melbourne suburbs

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by sash, 30th Oct, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. sash

sash Well-Known Member

The stats have to be taken with a grain of salt...but interest how Werribee ..St Albans and Albavale have grown over 20% in the last year.

I can't comment about the later...but having been on the ground in Werribee...I am not surprised....

Melbourne suburbs where house prices have risen the fastest

As I have said before this growth is only sustainable whilst affordability is good..me thinks that once it get close to 500k it will flatline or come off.

2. Beelzebub

Beelzebub Well-Known Member

What about the new estates popping up near the stations on the RRL link? I've been looking at them thinking there is some opportunity there.

OTmg likes this.
  3. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Anything near rail stations is gold...over the longer term as congestion gets worse these will become premium.

@tobe @Greyghost .... this is what I was saying about the cycle in Melbourne moving to the Outer West...

Cactus likes this.
  4. Cactus

Cactus Well-Known Member

I have had a look At the PEET one next to the proposed station. I reckon the proximity to rail will hold it in good stead.

5. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

Thats my aunty's house pictured in the link (Werribee). Think they paid $900k 3 years ago for it, didn't do all that much to it. Great outcome.

Same thing happens in NW Sydney just a higher price bracket.. Once you edge over $750k to $800k the next estate pops up and everyone flocks there for lower entry of around $650k+

6. Barny

Barny Well-Known Member

7. sash

sash Well-Known Member

You are kidding right....1.25m in Werribee....sheez...

8. Connor

Connor Well-Known Member

Werribee prices have definitely jumped over the last 12 months. Looking at comparable sales my dev site has easily gotten a 25% increase in value since its purchase in Sept 2015.

I still think this market has plenty of steam left in it... Plus anything with a hint of development potential is getting snapped up real quick at the moment.

MikeyBallarat likes this.
  9. Barny

Barny Well-Known Member

Totally agree, Markets hot.

10. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to the new station... if only there's information on when this is going to be built!

11. sofman

sofman Active Member

Bought in st albans $435K 2.5 years ago - just sold at $875K to fund another project - Although I am happy starting to wonder what it will be worth in another 5 years. - It is crazy out there.

SOULFLY3 and Cactus like this.
  12. Gwynneth

Gwynneth Well-Known Member

Hi EN710.. Can you kindly clarify which new station this is? I thought the RRL was already built and there is already an existing Wyndham Vale Station? :)

If ever, might need to get coaching from @sash regarding buying new H&L packages from Fraser. :) Is it too speculative at this stage?

13. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

There's supposedly a 'planned' tarneit west station, located just before the new Tarneit Station. I'm not sure whether this is going to be built though

14. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Not speculative at all...early stages...but you need to secure a block and build by no later than late next year.....

15. Iamnumber5

Iamnumber5 Well-Known Member

That is a massive jump in short amount of time, and the sold price is above the average for the suburb. Is it well located property near the town center?

16. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Anything around Scumshine has gone nuts...

17. Iamnumber5

Iamnumber5 Well-Known Member

Sunshine

It is indeed a hot market, as "Sunshine is Rising". ⛅️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
    The link above also sold for a record price, hence the reason I asked if @sofman case is the same, which is strategically located property.

18. Cimbom

Cimbom Well-Known Member

My uncle stocked up on IPs in Sunshine and surrounds in the 80s-early 90s. They were only about 30k each back then. He was recently offered $1.3 million for one on a well-located large block and turned it down.

Gockie likes this.
  19. sash

sash Well-Known Member

He is a VERY smart man.....

20. Cimbom

Cimbom Well-Known Member

Definitely. He worked as a factory machine operator for 2-3 decades and squirreled away most of his savings into IPs. He has three adult children and will be able to give them one each and have several left over. The only shame is he hasn't really treated himself now that he's comfortable.