Well priced blinds?

Discussion in 'Styling & Decorating' started by ammaring, 26th Jan, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. ammaring

ammaring Member

Looking to put new roller blinds through our rental property. Can anyone recommend a company that does them wallet friendly?

2. Mick Butterfield

Mick Butterfield Well-Known Member

Blinds online would be my suggestion.

3. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Some firms work with builders and do whole house measure, quote and supply and install from plans. Blinds Plus are suitably geared for that market - in Sydney. They did our (Clarendon Homes) security doors, all blinds, bayonet light covers, all blinds and venetions etc. And the letterbox and clothesline. They will need side elevations on plans for drops too. Huge product choice + colours and budget through to higher end.

Blinds Plus

4. Car tart

Car tart Well-Known Member

Recently bought from Bunnings and was surprised at how good the quality was for their roller blind range. These are a snip to install and we saved a lot. My daughter went from blinds to curtains as she bought 2nd hand from Facebook Marketplace. She bought near new sets with poles enough for a three bedroom house for $50 the lot. The two of us fitted them in 2 hours including drilling and fitting the rods etc. Your tenant won’t know as they’re renting a 2nd hand house and after a clean and iron thanks to step mum Mrs Car Tart they looked great.

5. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Generally made to fit will fit any size you advise subject to their max and minimum and anything in between. Assuming a internal fit to frame its a perfect fit across and the drop. Anchored fit is also a nice fit so its not flapping about or crashing into frame. Less prone to damage that way. A outside frame fit tends to be more forgiving with tolerance but can look wierd if there are two beside each other and they cant be hung with consistent overhang on each side - or gaps. Ready made often gets butchered to fit.

Bunnings quality can be good. They often sell cheap and quality side by side. Sometimes its also major brand with a different name. Sometimes price may be reflected in mechanism or fabric quality maybe. They tend not to sell garbage as it comes back. Òr its a one size fits all solution which is less desireable.

6. skater

skater Well-Known Member

This is the mob we used recently.

7. CTSB

CTSB Well-Known Member

How many do you need?

Marketplace isn't a bad option.

I picked up an entire house getting demolished for $20 a few years back for a cheap rental.

8. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Marketplace is amazing for some things.....but blinds have to fit the windows, so although it's worth a shot, it's not that easy an option....although you did well.

On the other hand, tiles don't have to fit anything in particular. I got a pallet of subway tiles for free off of marketplace, (used them in 4 houses & enough left over to do a couple more) and floating floors for another place.

Northy85, wylie and Lizzie like this.
  9. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

I've bought blinds from Spotlight and cut them to size. It's a bit of a pain but really budget friendly.

In NSW at least, drawstrings must be secured.

hematite and Rich2011 like this.
  10. Mick Butterfield

Mick Butterfield Well-Known Member

Yeah I have used them a couple of times now and could not be happier!

11. thunderstrike888

thunderstrike888 Well-Known Member

Honestly for a rental - just use the Bunnings blinds.

I've gone through so many blinds over the past 15 years its just not worth it. Cheap bunninds blinds and replace them whenever needed. Depending on size $20-$70 or so a pop. Cheap as chips.

12. hematite

hematite Well-Known Member

I agree that it's good to use cheap blinds (I use spotlight). Cheaper to replace rather than clean (and end up with substandard result).

Replace every few years, and probably tax deductible once they get tatty (ask your accountant).

In WA drawstrings must be secured too.

thunderstrike888 likes this.