Well most of us predicted this - Brisbane now outperforming Syd/Melb

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by big max, 1st Jun, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. big max

big max Well-Known Member

Looks like Australia’s property boom has finally peaked

Lets see now, going forwards if this trend continues. I think it will. More specifically, I think Sydney will flatten out (perhaps decline a little in the near term but not rapidly), Melb will flatten also (maybe not decline as much), and Brisbane will continue to rise on catch-up value arbitrage.

*For the record, I do think Sydney is in a bubble, and as a whole perhaps 30% overvalued, so I would not be buying there until I saw a correction of at least that magnitude (indeed I would be selling and putting capital into undervalued markets). As to when/how that revaluation of Sydney will happen, that is harder to predict. Its possible that it could play out slowly over the next decade, which whilst not overly exciting for investors, is far from a bad scenario either, with investors stomaching and adapting to a prices stagnating or slowly declining 3% pa on average over the next decade.

2. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Lets see what happens in Spring and interest rates? Generally more stock comes on the market

3. Kangabanga

Kangabanga Well-Known Member

IMHO we will see a pullback in Brisbane in the coming months as well. Without GC included, Brisbane growth is actually slowing as well, may go negative next month especially with rate rises and lending changes.

4. mickyyyy

mickyyyy Well-Known Member

Any other reasons? most people are saying it will go well...

5. Elives

Elives Well-Known Member

all this over 0.3 percent growth for one month?