Wealth Retreat - Michael Yardney

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by Rooky, 9th Apr, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Rooky

Rooky Well-Known Member

Hi,

I am keen to hear feedback about Wealth Retreat. Has anyone attended it in previous years? What was your experience like? Positives and negatives ? Cost ? Etc.

With regards,
    Rooky

2. euro73

euro73 Well-Known Member Business Member

The beautiful Hills District, Sydney Australia
    I reckon he retreats with a little of each attendees wealth. To be fair , I don’t know what the content will be or whether he is good , bad, honest or a snake oil sorta guy ....

Last edited: 11th Apr, 2021
    spludgey, New Town, Ian87 and 2 others like this.
  3. jaybean

jaybean Well-Known Member

The first image that came to mind was about a private island I saw recently in a Netflix documentary lol

4. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Ask yourself, just WHO is getting wealthy as a result of this. Probably not you.

5. Rooky

Rooky Well-Known Member

Thanks @euro73 , @skater and @jaybean .

I m also leaning towards your view. But interested as it will be group of like minded people whose goals are similar. It will be break from routine life where i do not meet many investors in person. Still not decided though. It will be useful to know other side's view - i.e. from someone who has attended it.

6. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Attend meet ups. Connect with some like minded people. Become friends and now you have more investor friends to talk to. I've done similar.

Re courses, I've done a few but not MYs retreat. Although I like that Pete Wargent is a speaker. But he also has a website with great articles.

Last edited: 10th Apr, 2021
    spludgey, craigc, kmrr and 1 other person like this.
  7. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

Put up a notice here and get 10 people together and have a mini conference for free almost.

8. skater

skater Well-Known Member

You have a forum FULL of other investors that you can access for free. You can reach out to people in your area for face to face meetings, you can private message people. Lots of scope, and it's all FREE, leaving your deposit intact for the next property.

9. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I really like Pete too and posted some of his blogs/stats here

Last edited: 10th Apr, 2021
    kmrr likes this.
  10. Rooky

Rooky Well-Known Member

11. Car tart

Car tart Well-Known Member

I find these ideas fascinating.

A few years back, I was on the talk circuit and spoke at seminars in the Eastern states and one in WA. My fees were 5 thousand dollars plus Air fares, transfers and accommodation for two, (I always took my wife or a female PA to protect me.) I would provide one or two 50 minute sessions on business improvement and then come back at night as a special guest to mingle with guests at their dinner dance. I was in demand in my industry but as it took some two days to prepare the event, rehearse and then towards the end of my marriage, my wife refused to go, so I had to pay for 2 days for my PA to go and I lost a further two days away in doing the event, it was not worth the effort for cost as I am worth more than $5k a week despite them seeing me for only 100 minutes.

My “mates” and associates would also ask for advice and then counter with BS as I’m only giving them advice to line my pockets, despite having no vested interest in any of the advice I was giving.

So advice that is heavily paid for seems to be of more value than advice that is free,

Travelbug, luckyone, craigc and 4 others like this.
  12. petewargent

petewargent Buyer's Agent

excellent point! lo
    excellent point, hah!

i've been 6 or 7 times, the networking alone makes it for me - have made dozens of amazing contacts over the years from that event.

of course, you don't need to go to a paid event to network, as somebody will no doubt reply...

13. Rooky

Rooky Well-Known Member

Thanks @Car tart and @petewargent . You both have narrated your experience as presenter whereas i am on other side.

14. petewargent

petewargent Buyer's Agent

sorry replied as i was tagged, leaving the thread

15. Car tart

Car tart Well-Known Member

I think what we are saying is that we also are Average people. But would you listen to us if you met us in other circumstances or on a forum.

I told my own brother to buy a property during my divorce as I was tied up in other things. I told him it would triple in four years but he said the return of $500pw (as an accountant) did not make it a good buy at $2million.

If he had paid a lot of money for the advice, rather than coming free from his brother, I think he would have persisted with the purchase.

16. oasis1frog

oasis1frog Well-Known Member

MY blowing the same trumpet for 4 decades, when the house prices were (comparably) dirt cheap then ?

Last edited: 12th Apr, 2021
  17. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

@Rooky at the end of the day the person who will make the biggest difference, the only person who can make the difference, is you.

I've attended courses and put what I learnt to action while others felt the course was a waste of time. I've read dozens of books, studied certain topics and put it to action while others barely bothered to read 2 chapters. On my last property sale, I utilised negotiating tactics I studied from books that likely made me 10s of thousands more. At the very least 15k. Mastering and applying knowledge (rather than doing what most do which is flicking through the pages of a book) has immense value.

I've probably learnt 70% of my investing knowledge from books. Books are too underrated nowadays.

There is a lot of useful material out there. Much is free, some you pay for. Some of the paid courses I did I found the greatest value was networking with some attendees. Some of that networking had massive profits attached. I'm not saying you necessarily have to pay for courses to network though. PC has many meet ups.

What will make the biggest difference in your journey and how successful you'll be is how you apply yourself. Your mindset. Your discipline. Your sacrifices . Your commitment to learning and the consistent actions you take towards achieving your goals. You need to be relentless. Hungry.

Read all the books you can read until. Meet all the people you have time to meet until. Attend whatever courses that interest you and you can afford until. Develop and expand your mindset until. Network with as many people as it will take until. Fail and get back up as many times as it will take until. Until you make it.

Last edited: 12th Apr, 2021
    jaconde86, Travelbug, craigc and 8 others like this.
  18. Rooky

Rooky Well-Known Member

Cant agree more..particulalry below part about mindset and first line of your reply.

19. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Looks like no one attended??

20. MWI

MWI Well-Known Member

Similar, have been invited by MY, but decided I am not after inspiration or motivation, nor contacts at that point in time, especially when I was told by MY himself I didn't need to do anything more BUT it didn't mean I should not advance further. Will be full of knowledge and information and motivation and inspiration, but action is required after that.
    Agree with you @Sackie, if one looks hard and often enough one will eventually find, and it can be in many places one can seek mentors or guidance or motivation or inspiration, but knowledge and experience is the key.