Way to export rent/buy/sold data from listing websites in excel?

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by Anki, 10th Jul, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Anki

Anki Active Member

Hi All,

Just wondering if there is a way to export data in excel from listing websites(realestate, domain etc.)?

This could help enormously in reducing the time to research a given market.

Thanks,
    Anki

2. Jane Oldham

Jane Oldham New Member

This is what realestate.com.au offers, but I'm not tech savvy enough to make use of it: REAXML XML Format

3. Frank Einstein

Frank Einstein New Member

Unless I'm reading it incorrectly, it looks like this API is used for people to upload to realestate.com.au, rather than download the data from it.

"The Listings API is designed to allow 3rd parties to upload real estate 'listings' (content specific to the sale or lease of a property) to REA group's Australian websites.

The Listings API receives data in an REAXML format, via FTP hosts. Received content is queued, validated, and ingested for use in REA Group products. These products include (but are not limited to) 'property listings' on realestate.com.au, realcommercial.com.au, native iOS and Android apps, and email and media based communication channels."

4. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

This was originally asked two years ago, so this is unlikely to be of any use to the OP.

It certainly is possible to get data from a website into Excel. I used to do it with share prices.

Connect to a web page (Power Query)

Frank Einstein likes this.