NSW Wattle Grove 3br,2ba,1car 319sqm property under offer/sold at first open house

Discussion in 'Property Analysis' started by persqm, 3rd Jun, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. persqm

persqm Member

2. John_BridgeToBricks

John_BridgeToBricks Buyer's Agent Business Member

Interesting. I mentioned Wattle Grove as an area I buy in in a recent pod cast. Good yields there, safe suburb, long tenancies. No train station, but worth a look if you are looking to invest in houses under $1m.

Well done to the vendor.

persqm likes this.
  3. persqm

persqm Member

He did well..

How about Holsworthy, older houses, bigger blocks, redevelopment potential has its station..

Worth a look?

4. John_BridgeToBricks

John_BridgeToBricks Buyer's Agent Business Member

Well, Wattle Grove and Holsworthy are very similar suburbs, in terms of the data. Both have very low vacancy rates at 1.2%, due to DFH and military tenancies. Rentals are usually stable and longer term, which is great for investors.

As you suggest, Holsworthy is bigger blocks and weatherboard houses, with slightly better transport; Wattle Grove is slightly more gentrified with brick veneer houses built from 1993 onwards.

Summary: from my perspective, Wattle Grove for homeowners and entry level buy-and hold investors; Holsworthy for developers.

To give you an idea of my investment philosophy - for my clients, I typically stick to middle ring suburbs 8-15kms from the CBD. I make some very rare exceptions, and Wattle Grove (and Wiley Park) has been one of them.

I think you can still get growth in these areas against a broader Sydney market that is taking a rest.

Hope this helps.

5. Illusivedreams

Illusivedreams Well-Known Member

Good things about Holsworthy

Train station with carpark

Sporting fields

Great Catholic school Co Ed.

Close to M5 into the city.

Heath cote Rd and you are at cronulla beach in 40 minutes and with little traffic.

Things I don't like.

Nothing to. Do. In the evening Cafes, beach or shopping strip

Property Investors! Ready to Pay Less Tax? Estimate how much Property Depreciation you can claim on your Investment Property. Washington Brown's calculator is the first calculator to draw on real properties to determine an accurate estimate.