Was he right?

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Jasmine, 5th Mar, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Jasmine

Jasmine Well-Known Member

2. Peter_Tersteeg

Peter_Tersteeg Mortgage Broker Business Member

The agent's job is to get the best result for the vendor. That often involves putting pressure on a buyer.

A common buying tactic is to try to intimidate the competition out of bidding. The purchaser appears to have done this quite successfully.

You can't really tell if the underbidder was intimidated or not, the video didn't focus much on her. The purchaser's job is to bid up to what they're comfortable with. If they don't do that, then perhaps that's a failing on their part.

Pressure tactics from any party are a bit of a dick move, but I wouldn't say that they're wrong. If you don't have the confidence to deal with this sort of thing, then find someone to help you who can.

Personally if I found 3 agents crowding me as the under-bidder, I'd tell them to bugger off. I'd also tell the other bidder the same thing with his rant.

Last edited by a moderator: 5th Mar, 2020
    Jasmine likes this.
  3. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

what an idiot the winning bidder is

"ive bought 100s of property"

typical chest beating of that background

4. jaydee

jaydee Well-Known Member

Yes, he appears as an idiot, but his method worked and he didn't have to up his bid given the underbidder pulled out.

Auctions are a game and it appears he played it well (or at least better than the REAs)