QLD Warwick - Keep an eye on this one

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Bec79, 26th Feb, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Bec79

Bec79 Member

Toowoomba investors are starting to turn their eyes towards Warwick as a potential investment opportunity.

With many large projects coming to fruition in 2018, and more than 450 jobs being created, the Southern Downs Council seem to be more open to growth than previous council committees.

2018 Warwick developments include; the John Dee expansion creating 200 jobs, the Rose City Shopping world 40 mil redevelopment, the Bunnings relocation and expansion creating 50 jobs and the new Church of Christ Regency Park retirement village that will provide support and care for more than 160 elderly residents.

Many residents believe that these new jobs will have a flow-on effect meaning that health, education and retail service jobs will all increase. Warwick has for years performed solidly for long-held property investments with a current yield of 5.6%. Annual growth has been the underperformer with an average of 1.4% but considering the future for Warwick, this may be set to change.

Cr Neil Meiklejohn of the Southern Downs Regional Council has said that the developments will provide a “significant uplift” to the community and that they expect an additional 1,500 people to move to the area.

With only a few subdivisions on offer, developers could also profit from this growth of population.

One of Brisbane’s veteran developers Terry Seirlis of UKL has invested in the Warwick region, supplying more than 60 plots titled with quality built homes perfect for the investor or first home buyer. The new Aleva estate is located on the North East side of Warwick and only one hour drive from Toowoomba.

“I have no doubt the region is poised to start booming and with all the new businesses arriving in town and planned existing expansions, there will be people coming to town to fill jobs and they will all need somewhere to live” said Terry Seirlis.

The future is looking bright for Warwick in these early stages of progress and with the support of the local council we may well see some good growth figures over the next few years.

2. dan2101

dan2101 Well-Known Member

Sounds great @PM Bec where do I sign up?

Bec79 likes this.
  3. Bec79

Bec79 Member

:)
    Like any investment - do some homework first.
    The new Aleva estate has it's own website at Aleva Estate | - this has some good info on the area.
    And of course check out realestate.com.au.

Last edited by a moderator: 26th Feb, 2018
  4. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

Do you work for caloundra city realty or blackbird and finch?

hammer and HUGH72 like this.
  5. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

TMNT likes this.
  6. Redkopbill

Redkopbill Member

Fingers crossed!!

7. Bec79

Bec79 Member

I used to work for Toowoomba City Realty but now am the Co Owner of Blackbird and Finch in Toowoomba. I'm a local Warwick girl though and would love to see this town prosper as much as Toowoomba has recently.

8. Redkopbill

Redkopbill Member

Do you know how sales in Aleva Estate are going?

9. Bec79

Bec79 Member

Aleva first stage was almost all sold out - mix of investors and first home buyers/owner occupiers. The second stage has 4 homes completed so far and another 3 almost done with about 5 more in the half stage.
    There are 2 homes in the newer section that are rented already at $420 (I think).

10. Redkopbill

Redkopbill Member

Sounds good. Thanks for the information, any idea on the progress of the shops that are being built there? (Last question I promise:)).

11. Bec79

Bec79 Member

No news on the shops - ground hasn't been broken as yet. I do think it will be a great idea though. There is a private boarding school not far so a little corner shop or small iga would work well.

12. Redkopbill

Redkopbill Member