WA planning laws changing for the better..

Discussion in 'Development' started by ARC, 5th Sep, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. ARC

ARC Member

2. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

Good for anyone who wants to do a single dwelling or some minor changes to an existing property. It was ridiculous that you had to get planning approval for putting in a carport or fence.

Hopefully that will free up their town planners to take less time on grouped and multi dwellings

3. WestOz

WestOz Well-Known Member

They were talking about this a few months back on 6pr, I can see it causing allot of confusion/issues, people are gunna think they can do what they want without consult only to find out down the track it doesn't comply, likely after complaints from neighbors but worse case injury or fatality.

Since hearing about this I've been holding off on a few things waiting for some clarity.
    Be great to put up a solid patio without all the frustration with local approval etc, however I know what I'm doing, know the local min requirements, boundary rules etc, many DIY'rs wouldn't, buy a kit from Stratco etc and slap it up with little knowledge to eve fixings, footings etc.

Consider the implications with this one;
    "small to medium-sized businesses won't have to seek approval to change a property from one permitted use to another"

Westminster likes this.
  4. ARC

ARC Member

Yeah, Hopefully frees up for the developers waiting months for approval!

5. AndrewTDP

AndrewTDP Well-Known Member

Worked on the similar policy 4 years ago in NSW.

Much needed. Just needs a plain English guide to go along with the legislation.

Problem is Councils don't like it and don't suggest it (with a few exceptions e.g. Lake Mac) because they don't get DA fees.