QLD Von Vibra Village Upper Coomera

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Nathan Simon, 4th Jan, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. bez23

bez23 Well-Known Member

I did a thread not long ago about coomera and surroundings. Massive land supply going on in this area and valuers/banks are red flagging it. Valuation for new H&L usually come back significantly lower than purchase price. A lot of people still believe spruikers and complete purchase 10-20% under contract price (which means more deposit). I have no doubt that it will grow long term (as with any other resi investments in metro). However, if you are 10-20% down from the beginning and there is no stopping of the land release, the ROI will be poor in this area for the first few years.

S.T likes this.
  2. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

Costo is rumoured to be going in at Loganholme, maybe another one at Coomera who knows...

3. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Yeah.. but its Costco... I think it's no major attraction. Not really an attractive place to shop imo.

4. Rich2011

True, but when you add Costco and the other big places then you have something to talk about and people will like to live close to those things. Been to Ikea lately, seen how many people are in there eating in their restaurants.....?

5. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

No, I stopped chewing on furniture before going to school........ :p

6. Luka

Luka Well-Known Member

I think if you stay away from the houses on the smaller/tiny blocks, and look at something closer to the hinterland part of upper coomera, away from the motorway noise, it could have a pretty good longer term gain. It's quite pretty out there and the roads are good as far as getting around within upper Coomera, should one get the urge to visit Costco ;) (in jest)

I think it will do better than Coomera Waters - though it is one of those places that went up quickly, and will probably go down quickly, similar to Sydney NW suburbs, should markets bomb. It's not a desirable place to live.

RE agents are doing their absolute best to talk Coomera up and they have been pushing Coomera property on me for a while, there is a lot of stuff there for them to sell over a long period of time. Unfortunately the present market is not like it was 6 to 12 months ago when things were looking very positive on the Gold Coast. Prices slowly increased for the area over the year, but now the rate that houses sell is not like it was, even taking a Christmas period into consideration. I'd say people are now spooked by the economic troubles in the news and bank investment rules.

I live here and I follow the market like a hawk. I am being truly sincere with my observations that I give you and hope it helps, and hope your advice around the different SEQ area helps me:)

Last edited: 12th Jan, 2016
    Tekoz likes this.
  7. Mel_C

Mel_C Well-Known Member

I agree with you @Luka in regards to your Coomera observations but not the wider coast I watch the 4218 and 4220 postcodes and houses are still selling quickly that are priced correctly and many for more than I expected. I believe the growth so far in these suburbs has probably been better than a lot of Brisbane suburbs but that is just my observations I dont have hard stats :). The rental yields and vacancy rates in these suburbs are also much better than many suburbs in Brisbane..I still think though we are only at the start of growth in these beachside locations.

8. flightcrank

flightcrank Active Member

cg is gained with time, like everywhere else. if you buy property for short term cg, your in the wrong game. With property your best if you stick with it long term.

9. mikean

mikean New Member

Full disclosure: I sell H&L in this area.

If you look at the trend of Westfield shopping centres, North Lakes, Garden City expansion, the major selling point is the increased land value when the Westfield is built/expanded.

Look at Brisbane, Carindale/Mt Gravatt/etc are like mini-cities and they all have Westfields. Personally, 5-6 years and we will see the boom here, but if you want to invest a few years later of course you will pay a premium for taking less of a risk.

Tekoz likes this.
  10. Rich2011

Mt Gravatt is a far cry from Coomera sorry to say. I have nothing against Coomera but all that land worries me for IP growth.

11. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

@mikean yes, based on my research I guess Westfield and the Chinese Disneyland developer can't go wrong in picking Coomera as the next area booming in QLD.

Is that correct ?

Any more supporting evidents would be great if you can share it here.