QLD Virginia vs Chermside vs Wavell Heights

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by beachgurl, 22nd Jul, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. beachgurl

beachgurl Well-Known Member

i have a near new house in Chermside that I'm looking to sell in the coming months. There aren't any real comparables to mine (it's on the north side of the main road) so I'm trying to compare with neighboring suburbs. Would Virginia still be cheaper on average to Chermside? And how much more would people pay for an equivalent property in Wavell Heights?
    And has anyone seen an increase in prices since the Westfields was expanded?

2. Inov8ive

Inov8ive Well-Known Member

Its a shame you are selling this year, Chermside's best years are ahead of her I feel. From what I am hearing the new precincts at the Westfield have been hugely popular and achieving the desired 'destination' status. This is going to take a while to flow on into an increase in demand for housing in the area though. The supply is still way up in the area, (mind you, not for the type of property you have) and is not reflecting well on the vacancy rate and time on market rates for the area. In my opinion Chermside is great buying at the moment but not sure if it will be great selling before 2018.

Matt Harrison and Shazi like this.
  3. beachgurl

Thanks for your reply. My tenant wants to buy the property and the agent is keen to make it happen but I have no idea of market value.
    It would be nice to hang onto it but I have to select a few properties to sell and that seems like an easy one.

4. Inov8ive

Yep thats your decision to make, you would know your own portfolio and situation better than anyone so if thats the one to go, thats the one to go. There are not a lot of new houses in Chermside, its an old suburb and its been so developed now and the zoning rarely renders new houses viable. You would probably need to look at Wavell for comparables but I would be adding a premium. If the tenant wants to buy it so badly that might tell you something about the amount of similar type properties available in the market place. Good luck with it;)

5. Pentanol

Pentanol Well-Known Member

Obviously your agent is Keen to make it happen, they earn commission on it. I strongly suggest you reconsider it with a number of project coming along including the possible extension of the metro to chermside. It's one of the most affordable place with all amenities at this distance to the CBD. I tried to buy into chermside earlier this year but couldn't find any to make the numbers work.

Matt Harrison likes this.
  6. beachgurl

Sounds like Chermside is going places.
    There's absolutely no way I can keep it - need to remove my ex husband from the loan and I don't service to refinance.

7. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

Maybe get a few RE agents in to give an appraisal.
    Your current agent has a vested interest so an outside opinion may give a better idea of pricing.
    Marg

8. Inov8ive

Ah ok, makes more sense now.

PFI provide our clients with the opportunity to purchase an investment property, together with performing equity investments from a wide range of ASX listed securities some providing monthly income. This is the value of advice.