Very bad experience with Blink Property...update

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by kristaje, 21st Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. kristaje

kristaje Active Member

Hi All,

Below is related to the SS thread http://somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104996. I hope it’s okay to post this in Property Chat. Thought I’d provide an update to what happened with our matters with Blink, as I owe that much to SS/PC-ers who had helped me a lot during our ordeal. I also hope that by sharing our stories I can spare investors here the same agros that we went through.

So, finally we had our final hearing today for the Taree property, attended by the new licensee of Blink Central Coast and also the operation manager of Blink, the guy who gave me the offer of settlement previously – if I agreed to close the SS thread.

In the hearing, I was seeking for Blink to pay for compensation related to mismanagement of the property and also insurance claim after tenant absconded and damage the place. Blink response was that they were doing everything right in their management of the place, and it’s either (1) I didn’t give them correct information, or (2) I took the wrong insurance policy, or (3) it’s the mistake of insurance company, or (4) it’s all timing issues. Never once they admitted doing anything wrong.

Blink also made some misleading statements, including (1) I was a client of Binvested who purchased most of my properties through the company and (2) the condition of the Taree property as shown in photo below was what Binvested had to deal with when tenant absconded, while in truth it was the condition after Binvested so-called cleaner did his job on the place.

How the hearing ended was that Tribunal member was going to read everything again and made his decision. He wouldn’t say when but hopefully we’d hear sometimes this week or so. I put as much background documentations as I could into the hearing documents, which I hope would help. But since this hearing was against Blink Central Coast I couldn’t include most of the documentations that I used in DFAT (which was against Blink St Mary’s). I hope we receive decent results, but in any case I was glad that things are completely over now and that I don’t have to deal with Blink Property anymore.

Many thanks again for everyone who had helped me along our journey to get resolution on the matter. Much much appreciated.

Attached Files:

AlbertWT, S.T, Hanison and 4 others like this.
  2. thatbum

thatbum Well-Known Member

Oh I had looked at some of the earlier thread on SS, but I didn't realise you were making an actual claim against the company at tribunal.

Were you assisted by some legal advice? I've advised before on similar claims, and they are inherently difficult cases to win unfortunately.

But fingers crossed the reserved decision goes your way.

kristaje likes this.
  3. Chilliblue

Chilliblue Well-Known Member

You deserve to win. Fingers crossed.

kristaje likes this.
  4. Nick Valsamis

Nick Valsamis Well-Known Member

Hope it all ends well.

kristaje likes this.
  5. kristaje

kristaje Active Member

Thank you All, for the best wishes.

Heard back from NCAT and unfortunately the case was dismissed as tribunal was not satisfied (at the civil standard of proof) that the grounds required to make the order sought had been established. It knew it was tricky with this one as the case was against Blink Central Coast, while the previous case with DFT and NCAT related to the Orange property was against Blink St Mary's office. Oh well...life goes on.

All in all, it's great that all are done and dusted, and we wouldn't have any future dealing with Blink Property anymore :D. I'm glad that all our properties previously mis-managed by Blink are now doing well under good PMs, some earning more after renovations and repairs. It was also good to have a nice closure with Tribunal acknowledging the mis-management by Blink for the Orange property and ordered them to return all management fees previously paid. I'm so glad I sought help from SS/PC-ers back then, otherwise we'd probably still in a bind trying to figure our ways out of the mess. THANK YOU SO MUCH for all your advise, kind words, support and patience!

Cheers.

Gockie, Coota9, HUGH72 and 2 others like this.
  6. kristaje

kristaje Active Member

Thatbum, we did have legal advise at some point with the Orange property, from a local lawyer in Orange. However he's not involved in the Tribunal matter - he actually said that Tribunal preferred that applicant represent themselves, so that's what we did.

We didn't have any legal advise re. Taree property.

7. KDP

KDP Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing and really admire how you've handled all of this, pity the same can't be said for the other side.

kristaje likes this.
  8. Chilliblue

Chilliblue Well-Known Member

You have alerted people to Blink and there standard of management.

kristaje likes this.
  9. kristaje

kristaje Active Member

Many thanks for your kind words, KDP & Chilliblue. I do hope that by sharing our experiences we could spare some investors the same agros we went through.

10. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Good to hear you have closure, and although it was probably an awful process, you have an outcome that you can deal with.

11. Cimbom

Cimbom Well-Known Member

Well done. I should have probably done something similar

12. kristaje

kristaje Active Member

Many thanks Azazel & Cimbom for your kind words.

Cimbom, do you have similar experience with Blink? If yes, it'd be good to report them to Dept of Fair Trading.