Verifications needed - 1000 people moving to Brisbane weekly

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by icic, 7th Sep, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure from other things I've read that there is a net gain for Queensland

2. sash

sash Well-Known Member

I doubt the credit restrictions will be a show stopper in Brissie whilst wages are lower...but so are houses. An accountant who earns say 110k in Sydney would still earn about 90k in Brisbane. That would easily service a inner city T/H or apartment in Brisbane. For a house 15-20klms out you can still buy well under 500k...but the question is how long? :) The same price in Sydney would be over $1m and in Melbourne would be about 650k plus..more likely 700k for a decent suburb.

Whitecat likes this.
  3. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Brisbane is now a slowly rising market....the momentum will take a year or two to build....

Whitecat likes this.
  4. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Patience......it will happen...just don't expect a Sydney like boom...but then there won't be a Sydney like bust either. :)

Whitecat and Angel like this.
  5. standtall

standtall Well-Known Member

Theoretically, only bottleneck right now should be last 100km of remaining Pacific Highway upgrade to make the moves even smoother.

In reality, Brisbane still lacks high paying knowledge economy jobs to attract special kind of immigrants who make suburbs expensive by clustering around opportunity pockets.

6. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

I'm hearing mixed messages about wages vs price in bne. Bne comes up in the reports about mortgage stress Adelaide doesn't.

7. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Well-Known Member

My suburb in Brisbane is up 35% since 2012 and there are others that have done much better still . As
    Always it depends which suburbs you buy in ...

Sackie likes this.
  8. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Congratulations, you bought a property in 2012. My properties would be up at that rate too, since 2012. Am I the only person on PC who bought in Brisbane in 2010?

9. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Well-Known Member

Hahaha don’t worry I believe in 10 years time we will hopefully have all made some great capital gains and it won’t make a huge difference whether you bought in 2010 or 2012 :)

10. The Gambler

The Gambler Well-Known Member

1000 a week?!?!
    No wonder the Southbound pacific highway/M1 is ridiculously congested from around 2pm onwards. The number of cars on that piece of road is astounding compared to less than 10 years ago.

11. Codie

Codie Well-Known Member

You seem a little bitter haha

The suburb im in is up 33% Since 2012. I bought in 2018. Does that count?

12. norwoodman

norwoodman Well-Known Member

Put the growth into context though, the current growth rate is still slower (in relative terms) than the period prior to 2009, when the population growth rate of Brisbane was pushing past 2.5%. The growth rate of Greater Brisbane was around 2% last year, in line with Sydney.

Melbourne, on the other hand, is currently growing at record levels (2.7% in the last year).

13. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

No. :)

14. icic

icic Well-Known Member

Melbourne will not grow this much this year with immigrantion cut. I think Brisbane will take the Barton off Melbourne in the next year of two if the trend continues.