Managed Funds Vanguard

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by Redwing, 23rd Feb, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

I understand some are pushing similar products here although they are termed lifecycle funds

I suppose it depends on the attitude of the investors themselves whether they go for these. If they are by nature concerned about fluctuations of the share markets having an adverse impact on their retirement capital and income, I can understand why they could favour such a product.

I wouldn't but it's probably due to me having been exposed to the variations and fluctuations of the share market over the years: "Ah gees, here we go again!"

number 5, Islay and Nodrog like this.
  2. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

Vanguard is walking out of the world's largest climate-finance alliance, marking the coalition's biggest defection to date

Vanguard Quits Net-Zero Group, Marking Biggest Defection Yet

Vanguard says it will track its environmental progress independent of the NZAM alliance as an effort to provide ‘clarity’ to investor

3. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Redwing likes this.
  4. Redwing

From Vanguard

The case for indexing is still compelling after 25 years

5. Redwing

ASIC commences greenwashing case against Vanguard Investments Australia

6. qak

qak Well-Known Member

I need a logic check here.

If I invested $1m in Vanguard fund/s, have DRP (most) income. Now worth $1.3m. But the cost including DRP is $1.2m ... have I made a profit of $300K or $100K?

7. Sandon

Sandon Well-Known Member

300k, capital gain + dividend = total return.

8. b0b555

b0b555 Well-Known Member

I'd say you have received $200K of (taxable) income and are sitting on an unrealised capital gain of $100K for a total return of $300K.

9. Redwing

Looks like Vanguard identified and self-reported to ASIC

https://www.listcorp.com/asx/vefi/v...lation-to-asic-regulatory-action-2901133.html

10. Zenith Chaos

Zenith Chaos Well-Known Member

I am an Vanguard ETF holder only yet I just received a war and peace sized booklet in the mail asking me to vote on this wholesale | Vanguard Australia Personal Investor

This doesn't impact me so they must be including me for their own motivation, eg swinging the vote or advertising.

Can we please be responsible corporate citizens and ask all companies to stop chopping down a forest of trees when an email and a simple online form will suffice.

In fact, I should just build something to solve this problem even though SurveyMonkey does the job.

Even ASX is still sending me monthly letters. By doing this, it actually is less secure because anyone can easily rip open my mail and get my HIN.

SatayKing likes this.
  11. Sandon

Sandon Well-Known Member

I still receive the movement of securities letter regularly for each purchase or dividend, this is quite frustrating as I have elected paperless everywhere that I can. Why I still receive these in the mail I do not know.

Edit: So it turns out you can elect to have these sent electronically, as long as your broker supports it, not all brokers allow this at the moment.

12. SatayKing

It has been a long standing complaint from many who post on this forum and I assume even those who don't get the irrits with the archaic CHESS process. Any approaches to the ASX gets the generic response "We're working on it."

I am not holding my breath as the ASX blockchain project alone blew up some $200m when it failed. That's what happens when "We're working on it" occurs.

13. Heinz57

Heinz57 Well-Known Member

I assumed I got the inch thick letter because I ignored the email. I have no idea what they want me to vote on

14. rizzle

rizzle Well-Known Member

Stake ASX, you can opt in for email chess updates rather than snail mail.

15. SatayKing

Those who hold VISM or VBLD got that tome. The reason is:

"On 12 July 2023, we announced that this ETF will be holding a meeting of members scheduled for 15 August 2023. Whilst the proposal does not impact the ETF class, Vanguard Small Companies Index ETF (VISM) investors are eligible to vote on the proposal given the connection to its underlying wholesale fund. This is due to a legal requirement where all classes (including the ETF class) connected to Vanguard International Small Companies Index Fund are eligible to participate."

Heinz57 likes this.