Using buyer's agent as a FHB

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by oasis, 12th Nov, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Lisa Parker

Lisa Parker Well-Known Member

Oasis, I offer a free instructional guide to working out what a property is worth on my website. It will give you a good foundation to work from and you can fill in the gaps by asking questions on the forum while you find your feet.
    You are welcome to grab it (banner at top of website) and then you can "unsubscribe" from the mailing list once you have it if you don't want to receive anything further from me.

2. Investing101

Investing101 Well-Known Member

Its true there are incentives for agents working harder for higher priced sale. I have used them myself, i.e setting a price to achieve in exchange for marketing costs.

I even understand someone who plays poker for a living is going to be better then someone on their first time.

But, to suggest
    Is as true as saying 'I pay taxes so the police, fire brigade and army work for me'. They serve us, but they work for government. As an agent serves their client, but works for their agency (and even ultimately themselves).

It's just a way of thinking to empower a first time buyer that is negotiating with an experienced agent. Not unlike picturing everyone in their underwear, or remembering everyone poops.

I have had and agent basically ask for another lower offer that could be written on the contract and crossed out to make it appear to the vendor like they had done some negotiating.