Sports & Fitness US Sports - Favourite Places

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Hoffy, 11th Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

What's this possible business? If you're in San Fran you have to go!

Section 114, row 17 has your name on it :) A bit pricey but would be worth it for a once off. If you don't want to spend as much - then section 106, row 17 looks decent for the price.

Utah Jazz at Golden State Warriors

2. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

LOL! My wife has this long itinerary when we are in SF without a get out clause. I managed to get my son and I out to niners.. NBA might be a stretch!

3. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Godammit, between you and @larrylarry I'm going to turn a permanent shade of green.

4. larrylarry

5. Jamie Moore

I'm sitting in 101 when I'm there in March :)

larrylarry likes this.
  6. Hoffy

Hoffy Well-Known Member

I've just booked my next couple of trips: April and Sept next year. There are some great flight deals at the moment, well last week anyway. I got flights to SF from Brisbane return at $920 during school hols.

Jamie Moore and larrylarry like this.
  7. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Going to see the Steelers opening game 2016?

8. Hoffy

Hoffy Well-Known Member

Yeah. April is for baseball, will go to a few opening days including Orioles and Yankees plus one other, plus lots of Hockey. Sept is for opening of NFL and close of MLB regular season and opening of NHL.

I will head to Pittsburgh for their opener, but will be spending most of the time in the west coast from SF up to Vancouver in Sept. Highlights will be Seahawks with a mate who is a big fan of theirs and a Dodgers/giants game in SF plus Canucks game in Vancouver.

I think I enjoy the planning stage as much as the trips some times.

Jamie Moore likes this.
  9. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Awesome. I've never been over during their season, I like having 2 Summers.
    One day.

I read there was a study done on that, it's a real thing.

10. larrylarry

Just got out of Oracle Arena Oakland. GS Warriors def Utah Jazz. Bogut was good. Curry a bit off but came good. On the BART now going back to hotel. Didn't watch 49ers live. They lost to Bengals.

Azazel likes this.
  11. larrylarry

Jamie Moore likes this.
  12. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

My money is on gsw to win this season...just watch...you heard it here first and free of cost with no obligations.

larrylarry likes this.
  13. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Good stuff Larry, hope you're having fun.
    I don't think you missed anything by not seeing the 49ers...

14. larrylarry

Didn't get to watch a minor league ice hockey game.

15. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Did you watch a major league ice hockey game?

16. larrylarry

Nope. Just not enough time.now at Lake Tahoe with very good snow.

17. Jamie Moore

Wait, what? So you ended up going to the game?

18. larrylarry

Sorry to confuse. I only got to watch warriors game, not 49ers. Tickets were going so cheap but I just didn't get my act together. Just came back from the ski slopes.

19. wogitalia

wogitalia Well-Known Member

I went to a few different places when I was over there...

Got to go to the last game at Candlestick Park (49ers vs Falcons) was an amazing atmosphere as a result (even got a free Boyz 2 Men concert and fireworks show thrown in, though with what the ticket cost, maybe free isn't the right word!). Candlestick was notorious for being awful but it was so much better than Subiaco, that's for sure!

Went to the Rose Bowl for the Rose Bowl and National Championship, again, absolutely amazing, games were great, crowd was better, tailgating was even better. College games really are a much better overall experience and as an Aussie that knows football you will make a million friends, just being Aussie will get you a thousand ;). Highly recommend the tailgating experience even if you don't go into the actual games. I missed the parade (it was news years day, parades aren't my thing and it's very early, Pasadena is a long way from central LA where I was staying as well) but it's apparently amazing for the parade liking folks! National Championship was insane, literally stood up for the national anthem and did not sit down for the rest of the game. Like all football, if you can get tickets midfield it's generally a better experience.

Went to Staples for Clippers, Lakers and Kings games, atmosphere is stale for all but the Kings games (Kings game had great atmosphere) but the arena is kind of amazing, the eye candy, especially at Lakers games, is great and if you have the money and are into the whole celebrity thing, courtside (or close) make for a fun game of spot the stars.

Pauley Pavilion at UCLA is a totally different way to do basketball, so much passion, history and a great experience. The cheer leaders are incredible! The student section is insane and doesn't shut up all game. Just a great experience.

Went to a Warriors game, unfortunately it was a blowout (Curry had a triple double at half time and basically didn't play in 2nd half, this was before Curry was Curry as well), crowd was good early but the blowout really sapped it. The positive is how easy the stadium was to get to on public transport (San Fran in general was great for this and the app is amazing).

I have a huge bucket list of places I want to go, I've already committed that if the Vikings make the Superbowl I will go over this year to watch (slowly starting to become that wee bit more likely!).

larrylarry likes this.
  20. larrylarry

I'll be home watching the college football finals tomorrow while family go out to ski. I hurt my right shoulder. :(