US election predictions ?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by radson, 6th Nov, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Ed Barton

Ed Barton Well-Known Member

I'll vote for whoever speeds up websites. Half the sites I visit are slower than my pedalled powered internet.

2. wategos

wategos Well-Known Member

My guess is 298 Clinton, 240 Trump.
    Sad that the Trump turd has so much support.

Clinton is an excellent candidate, good record, good ideas, her heart is in the right place. She will be an excellent president.

3. Phase2

Phase2 Well-Known Member

We have no way of knowing whether she will or won't be an excellent president, that will depend on what the future brings.

I doubt very much that her heart is in the right place, and I don't think that antagonising Russia, China and the middle east is productive or smart, and neither is supplying Saudi Arabia with $115b in military weaponry (to be fair the deals were made during Obama's terms).

I don't think Trump's heart is in the right place either, but he's already supported a softer global military stance than the Democrats. It's possible that the only reason he's still alive is because no one thought he could get close to winning. The last US President/candidates pushing for a softer stance on global military influence were the Kennedy brothers.

That's just one filter to view the candidates. Viewing them on their personality traits alone, they are both abhorrent. :)

Francesco, SOULFLY3, Perthguy and 3 others like this.
  4. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

I predict that Hillary will be the loser no matter what the outcome of the election.

If Trump wins he has promised that he will have her prosecuted. Whether he can use his office to twist the judicial system to his own ends is another matter.

If Hillary wins, Trump will be crying foul for as long and as loud as he can. Some Republicans have indicated that the will impeach her and block any and all appointments. If the Dems get the senate, it will merely act to slow down her decisions. If the Republicans win then she could get impeached at worst; at best she could not get anything done.

There is the possibility of losing Republicans mounting all sorts of challenges against the outcome of the election. This has already started. There was a polling booth in Nevada which had a queue 1000 people long (mostly Hispanic). Trump called foul because the polling booth was kept open to allow everybody to vote.
    Donald Trump Tantrums Over Hispanics Voting Legally in Nevada

5. wategos

wategos Well-Known Member

That´s the irony of the ridiculous voter fraud allegations.. it´s actually the Republicans engaging in voter suppression now and in the past that is a real problem, trying it again now, today in Nevada.

Conspiracy theories are alive and well in this election.

Trump and Clinton are Polar opposites. She will win. Has to.
    Trump is complete *******, I look forward to watching him and his supporters squirm when they lose.

wylie and geoffw like this.
  6. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

Trump 150 vs Hillary 109
    US Senate: Republicans 45 vs Democrats 42
    US House: Republicans 165 vs Democrats 115

At this point in time it is looking like a clean sweep for the Republicans.

ABC election analyst Antony Green says Florida, Ohio and Michigan are all looking "very strong" for Donald Trump and if he wins those three states, there is "a high likelihood" he will be the next president of the United States.
    Live: Trump on top in race for White House

Last edited: 9th Nov, 2016
  7. Phar Lap

Phar Lap Well-Known Member

Whos squirming now…? LOL

Tried to tell you lot months ago this is a whole nation totally upset at the established politicians especially the dictating Democrats and HRC herself.

She is the #@%& so and so who has lied to the people and under oath, got caught out and then let off by crooked heads of law and order and all with the complicit help of the mainstream media. Their farcical game is over. Heads will roll.

Im not surprised by this large lead at all.

8. Phar Lap

Phar Lap Well-Known Member

Perthguy likes this.
  9. Perthguy

Corrected. Thank you. I was distracted... :)

10. Perthguy

Trump 197 to Clinton 131.
    US House 174 (Republicans) vs 125 (Democrats)

I am not a Trump supporter so I am neither celebrating or squirming.

As a Clinton supporter, you must be feeling a little uncomfortable by now.

11. geoffw

There's no doubt that Trump tapped something fundamental in the American people. It scares me about what he has tapped. A man who is so overtly against people of other races, who treats women so badly, and who is overtly vindictive against anybody who has crossed him, has struck a chord in the US, and I find that scary.

12. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

He's tapped the white bogans. Isn't that similar to what pauline Hanson has done? Jumped on the regional "forgotten people".the ones that feel let down by the system
    (I haven't read the trump thread:))

geoffw likes this.
  13. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Looking at the positives. ..
    Julia bishop just said on sky news that with trump it could free up the congestion in their parliament and get them moving forward actually be able to make decisions

14. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Predict Trump to win . Personally I'd rather he lose cos i want him to go back to The Apprentice . loved that series . Anyway not surprised if he wins. Marketing genius . Also understands how to influence the mindsets of many. I think they are both not great candidates but I despise Hillary.

15. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Well - there are obviously a lot of bitter and disenfranchised people over there ... who are flocking to the spoilt bully that blames everyone else for their problems. Mind you - it really was a vote for who they hated least.

It is scary that a man who is so opinionated, but so uninformed, that see's women as objects to control, blames everyone who is not squeaky clean white christian and incites violence as a solution ... at least he will have a "friendly" senate and hopefully the backroom boys can control him.

I predict Trump will be ousted in four years (assuming he wins - but looks likely).

geoffw likes this.
  16. geoffw

Ejecting Mexicans will be one way of substantially reducing the Democrat vote next time around. So he may not be ousted.

17. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

I see things worsening significantly, if he wins. As one American commentator pointed out - "if you demand a 16 year old, who was born in America and considers themselves American, to be listed as a potential terrorist simply because of their religion - the chances of that 16 year old feeling unwanted and vilified, and hence being radicalised, is greatly increased".

Not to mention incited violence against Latino's who are legitimately in America (gee - who's going to clean Donald's house and collect his garbage now? (Not the too-good-for-such-jobs, white fellas) ... further discrimination against the black population that will lead to more gang issues ... violence and abuse against women being acceptable because "The Donald does it" ...

Scary times

geoffw likes this.
  18. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

I've been whatsapping my American friends. They felt ashamed. We may have influx of Americans into our country. Quite possible.

19. geoffw

... Let alone the threats already expressed to curb the freedom of the press- possibly even to sue them. Many issues in the election became personal, so there is the possibility of avenging personal slights. He has said that he does not let emnities go unpunished.

And you're right about the jobs that foreigners performing that Americans won't touch. Like marrying Donald.

Ed Barton and Lizzie like this.
  20. Perthguy

If they move to Sydney and Melbourne it will boost the property markets in those cities even further.

larrylarry and Phar Lap like this.