Undervalued suburbs?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Alex123711, 8th Jun, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. datto

datto Well-Known Member

I have to say 2770. Its ridiculous and disheartening to see that there are houses on decent land out there for under 400K. Now come on, Wilmot is not that bad an area.

2. NewGuy88

NewGuy88 Well-Known Member

@datto What's your opinion on units in 2770 for IP ?? This one sold for $360K in Oct 2017, it appears to be a bargain if you could pick it up for < $290K assuming it passes all your due diligence checks ...
    https://www.onthehouse.com.au/prope...-16-luxford-rd-mount-druitt-nsw-2770-13822177

datto likes this.
  3. datto

datto Well-Known Member

My opinion on this unit is that its a reasonable size in a good position being close to transport and shops (maybe too close lol).

Nice balcony. Kitchen and bathroom may need updating. It's got a garage, which is good. But the outside building looks rough and I saw photos of washing on balconies, which is not so good. This may indicate rough heads may be renting there and this may pose a problem for any prospective tenants you may have.

I'd be checking strata to see why they haven't replaced the garage doors and tidied the place up. See how much money they've got also, for sure.

Low ball 'em. The cheaper you get this place for, the better.

NewGuy88 likes this.
  4. NewGuy88

Does anyone have any recommendations for PM in 2770 area? .... I went to a 10:30am unit inspection in St Mary's 2 weeks ago, there were a few other buyers there as well, the Tenant didn't open the unit for the Agent & the Agent didn't have the key, so the inspection was cancelled, so disorganised & unprofessional ....

datto and Tekoz like this.
  5. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

Otoh, how many buyers just gave up on this property? Might be opportunity.

6. datto

datto Well-Known Member

I use a PM in St Marys, but I wouldn't recommend them.

NewGuy88 likes this.
  7. qak

qak Well-Known Member

Well at least it's across the road from the cop shop. Supposed to be Westfield, according to the listing :rolleyes:

8. 89WorldUnow

89WorldUnow Member

We have same questions in mind. All I can do is to research about this. Wish me goodluck.

John_BridgeToBricks likes this.
  9. NewGuy88

Research & Due diligence is essential ....
    I've been researching for months, I was initially looking at inner south side Brisbane, I went up there last month for the weekend & attended unit inspections, I couldn't find anything ..... Back looking in Western Sydney now, been to unit inspections at St Marys & Blacktown last week, looking at My Druitt this week .... Good luck

10. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Why were you looking at units in Brisbane?

QldKoolies likes this.
  11. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Albany Creek and Eatons Hill? A similar property in Sydney would be worth in excess of $1M. Less than 20kms from the cbd.

Next door Bridgemen Downs is more exxy for no good reason

12. QldKoolies

QldKoolies Well-Known Member

I posted about it about 6 months ago i think. But if you’ve got 400-500 to spend, how long would it take you to get over 600 to spend? If thats the difference between getting close to the CBD in Bris rather than commit further out, i’d wait. (of course if your savings+borrowing power is slow and you won’t keep up with a slow market than thats different).

These guys are buying in the most undervalued pockets in the northside.

24 Hadfield Street, Windsor, Qld 4030
    31 Turner Street, Windsor, Qld 4030
    33 Alcester Street, Grange, Qld 4051

Our clients are global and know we are property tax professionals. Our advisers are qualified and experienced and we don't outsource. We can help with complex CGT, Income Tax, and Developer issues. Property is our speciality incl Trusts, Co and SMSF