Ultimate Betrayal

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by MTR, 12th Mar, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. JacM

JacM VIC Buyer's Agent - Melbourne, Geelong, Ballarat Business Member

Irrespective of whether you can forgive or forget, trust is damaged. I don't believe you can ever forget. You can't un-know what you know. Surely you'd spend the rest of your life on edge waiting for a repeat incident to happen.

Last edited: 21st Mar, 2016
    MTR, ellejay and Xenia like this.
  2. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

lol. Yup..make sure you get their business.

Xenia likes this.
  3. 158

158 Well-Known Member

Terrorists, murderers and rapists are living, breathing human beings. Perhaps you would much rather cross paths with the like? A bike isn't so bad now is it?

It's exactly what satire is. Rude, crude and unconventional.

Petty comment.

pinkboy

D.T. and Ed Barton like this.
  4. BigKahuna

BigKahuna Well-Known Member

A classic case of whataboutery.

Funnily enough, I did cross paths with a bike rider just a few days ago. He had come around the corner at full speed and hit a young man crossing the road. The young man was knocked to the ground on his back. His arm and back had had most of the skin taken off it and he was covered in bruises. What surprised me and other onlookers who attended to the young man was the sheer aggression and abuse that the bike rider threw at the young man he'd bowled over. His anger was unrelenting and people from two blocks away came to see what he was yelling about. And yet he'd been at fault. It did make me wonder about fervent bike riders.

You may want to find out the true meaning of satire, because none of what you said comes close to it.

Esel likes this.
  5. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

I haven't read much about this scenario because it doesn't interest me.

going off your post though if that's what he's said "mates don't do this to each other" and he hasn't mentioned his ex wife then it seems to me he's not at all doing what you're saying re feeling like he can control who she has a relationship with.

the couple split up, like you rightly said she is able to have a relationship with whoever she pleases as it is realistically none of his business anymore.

he and gary lyon were best friends though. his comment appears to show him feeling more let down by his best friend, who he did have an ongoing relationship with, than his ex wife.

I don't see where it indicates he is behaving like he is in charge of her love life like has been indicated by you and a couple of others? have I missed something?

6. BigKahuna

BigKahuna Well-Known Member

I've seen the one interview that Brownless gave. The central theme of his was that mates don't do this to each other, despite the fact that the marriage may have already broken up, despite the fact that his ex actually has a say in her own life and who she partners with, and despite the fact that he himself may have been a bad husband. Don't you think it strange that she does not even rate a mention?

7. sanj

maybe he didn't mention her because, just like you said initially, he has no right to tell her who she can or cannot have a relationship with?

or maybe it's because, unlike the 2 of them who gave been in the public eye for decades, the 2 ex wifes prefer to remain out of it? ultimately you and I both cant say definitively his motivations but what I'm saying seems plausible.

what would you have liked him to say about his ex wife?

how did his comments about Gary Lyon here and not his ex wife indicate that he was treating her like his possession like you claimed? I don't see it personally

8. sanj

anyway I don't really care either way, I just genuinely didn't see how he was guilty of doing what u said when he didn't even mention her name.

9. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

Consider it the death of humour @pinkboy. Can't even make a joke these days. I thought it was a brilliant post. Clever and well written. A non-cyclist might not understand.