Ultimate Betrayal

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by MTR, 12th Mar, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Ozzie in Texas

Ozzie in Texas Well-Known Member

No - I didn't get you were poorly trying to be funny. At face value, I thought you comparing a human being with "riding a bike" as gross.....and didn't see a funny side.

I'm not lecturing you. My opinion is just my opinion. You can do whatever you want. Cheat or not is just about you......and has nothing to do about your wife/partner.

vtt, BigKahuna and Esel like this.
  2. luckystar

luckystar Well-Known Member

There are also studies that show we are only biologically programmed to remain with our partners for 7 years and if you look at divorce statistics you will see this to reflect that.

Anyway it seems to me that you can dress up adultery as being the ultimate betrayal or whatever but once you take the drama out of the situation it's really a control issue. Humans can't stand not being in control, control of their finances, control of their kids, control of their partners promiscuity, control of their emotions, control of their health.

Ozzie in Texas likes this.
  3. Nemo30

Nemo30 Well-Known Member

Not sure why leaving an unhappy relationship necessarily leads to an unhappy life.

I've been separated for the last year and currently going through a divorce. The decision to leave was hard, but it was the best decision.

I have a new partner who I'm crazy about and for some strange reason likes me too. Couldn't be happier.

Why stick around in an unhappy marriage when you could be happy.

Lollie likes this.
  4. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I was replying to a post regarding a 3 way relationship, re read my post.

Of course why would anyone stay in a relationship that is not working. Good for you for moving on and finding love.

MTR:)

5. Nemo30

Nemo30 Well-Known Member

So where does the unhappy life bit come in.

If that's not what you mean, perhaps reword your post because that's certainly the way it reads.

6. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

My best mate married my ex-girlfriend. No love lost. I was even best man at his wedding. It wasn't even the smallest tiniest weeniest bit weird or anything.

7. Tim86

Tim86 Well-Known Member

I think if that happened there would be no reason for me to want to stay in a relationship with my wife as obviously they arent the person I thought they were. It would be a massive shock to learn that.

8. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I explained what I meant, please chill out

9. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I get this, but I don't see this as betrayal, you obviously moved on

Bran likes this.
  10. Nemo30

Nemo30 Well-Known Member

No you didn't at all. But will leave it, not trying to be adversarial.

11. 158

158 Well-Known Member

It appears your 'opinion' goes way deeper than my satire being 'gross' and there are underlying issues you have with the subject matter.

You're still lecturing something that never even happened. It has been said time and time again, attack the opinion, not the person....yet still you continue to lecture.

pinkboy

Perthguy likes this.
  12. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Maybe it just comes back too trust,if you can't trust the person you wake up too each morning
    then your not going to have a happy life,i was one of 4 best men at a wedding a long time ago,and as the night went on his new wife and one of the other best -men were caught playing hiding the sausage in one of the other rooms,he never found out till several years later,no one had the heart to tell him..

13. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Did he leave her when he found out, or are they still together willair?

14. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Lasted about 4 years,just lucky they never had kids,then another mate ended up marrying the same lady a few years later,only too have 2 kids then they split up,and from what he told me a while back the last child support payments end late this year..

Tim86 likes this.
  15. Propagate

Propagate Well-Known Member

My brother and his ex partner were together for many years, bought a house together, lived together for about 2 years and got engaged.

He absolutely adored her, and seemingly her him.

He came home from work one day to a letter on the bed, she up and left him out of the blue. He was absoutley broken. My brother is a "mans man", tough and not one to show emotion easily. I had never seen him in that state before, they had been together since leaving school at 16 and they's have been maybe 23/24 when she left him.

I went to see him one night and his best mate was there, he left so I could spend some time with my brother, who went on to tell me through tears that he doesn't know what he'd have done without "xxxx" (his best mate), who'd been there every night since as shoulder to cry on.

You've probably guessed what's coming next..... she'd left him for his "best mate", another friend of their group got in touch with him and thought he should know what had been going on and where they were meeting up. He went out to their usual hangout and sure enough, found the pair of them there.

That sent him into a deep depression and he got heavily into the booze, partied harder than ever and generally went off the rails for a while.

It took him a long time to move passed it, he never had anything to do with either of them again (he'd been best mates since pre-school).

All worked out for the best, current partner of 10+ years is great, she really helped him settle down and they've just had their second baby.

Can't imagine what he wet through back then though.

Chillingout, WattleIdo and willair like this.
  16. BigKahuna

BigKahuna Well-Known Member

The sad part is that you would compare an object with a living, breathing human being.

Xenia likes this.
  17. BigKahuna

What I find interesting is that Billy Brownless regards his ex as a possession of which he still has ownership and has decided with whom and when she is allowed to have a relationship. When he says it's something 'mates' don't do to each other, he completely ignores the wife in his equation. She is a human being, not some chattel to be traded when he sees fit. It is not for Brownless to decide how and when she moves on with her life. Gary Lyons is also a grown man and can make his own decisions.

If they were married when the affair started, let them make their own bed and lie in it. Brownless needs to not air his dirty laundry. It's tawdry and tacky. Instead of taking the righteous high ground, he should perhaps look at his own failings and do an autopsy of the relationship before he starts throwing stones.

Esel, MTR and Xenia like this.
  18. Xenia

Xenia Well-Known Member

I've had friends marry ex boyfriends too, they purchased investment properties together last year and now I'm chasing them for their business :D

Esel and BigKahuna like this.
  19. Xenia

Xenia Well-Known Member

You are making it sound like she has some kind of say or control of what transpires in her own life. Geez.

Esel and BigKahuna like this.
  20. BigKahuna

I know, right? How dare she be able to choose with whom she has relationship with, even after she and her husband have broken up. Doesn't she know the rules? She's supposed to date no one and be miserable for the rest of her life. sheesh.

She's also supposed to stay silent on the fact that her ex-husband was a right royal numbnuts, prancing around naked in public; that at a junior football function he referred to a mother and her daughter as 'strippers'; and that he has been known to abuse young fans. What a catch!

Esel and Xenia like this.