Ultimate Betrayal

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by MTR, 12th Mar, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. jaybean

jaybean Well-Known Member

My prediction is one day when most STD's are cured, and we have a male contraceptive, the foundations of how we define a family and the whole institution of marriage will shift in fundamental ways. Most people from the preceding generation will be like angry old people waving their fists in the sky. Ha.

2. Phantom

Phantom Well-Known Member

There may be some truth to that Jay. What is deemed as acceptable in this context has certainly changed over the last say 50 years and continues to change as we speak. Imagine another 50 years from now? Of course there will always be the conservative/traditional types. But society in general......

3. jaybean

jaybean Well-Known Member

Yeah, seen Revolutionary Road? Back in the 50's the concept of quitting your job and going traveling was shocking. Things change.

4. Phantom

Phantom Well-Known Member

Yep...sure did. I love Kate Winslet.

5. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Yes, very odd.
    I believe there is more to it though, GL also had an affair with his daughter, categorically denied on media, but I was told by a reliable source that it did happen, horrid stuff if true.

6. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

fair enough, however apparently a 4 year affair? He had not yet divorced his wife.

7. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Were they both consenting adults?

8. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

Just had a look at a few links. The worst part is the way it all gets dragged through the media who aren't content until they see someone crying on TV. Pretty standard stuff really. Who cares? Enough to do to keep your own side of the street clean.

9. vtt

vtt Well-Known Member

My answer to that is no. If this was to happen to me then my partner and best friend would both be completely wiped from my life. The trust between us would be irrevocably broken and since it takes two to tango there is no way I would forgive either of them.

The only thing worse than this would be if your partner cheated with a family member. Same outcome though.

MTR likes this.
  10. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

Oh thank goodness! I was freaked out that it had just happened to you.

Sackie, MTR and RetireRich101 like this.
  11. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Not sure what this has to do with betrayal?

12. Ozzie in Texas

Ozzie in Texas Well-Known Member

Of course it would hurt like hell initially.......but I couldn't imagine being angry forever. To live a life of resentment takes too much effort.

To allow them back in my life is a very different question. For me, it would depend. My partner would probably have a better chance of existing in some form than the friend.

MTR likes this.
  13. Omnidragon

Omnidragon Well-Known Member

I think it's be circumstantial on whether I'd forgive. Perhaps if we all led pretty loose lives

Also hating someone do years is a waste of energy

MTR likes this.
  14. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

I would move to LA and its perfectly normal over there..:D:p

15. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I think this would never work and end up in divorce, last thing you want, besides an unhappy life, won't be a great financial move.

Pretty sure there are studies on this and supports what I have said

Last edited: 13th Mar, 2016
  16. Esel

Esel Well-Known Member

Wouldn't a condom take care of male contraception and STDs? I think families have already got a lot more complicated. People still seem to want to get married though. maybe a public commitment is still relevant because people want to distinguish their partner/relationship from all the other serious relationships they've had. I think lots of people also want an additional level of commitment before they have children. Raising children will always be hard, tiring and expensive.

MTR likes this.
  17. 158

158 Well-Known Member

I ride my mistress fairly regularly. 5-7 times a week in fact. I don't know if its cheating though, as my wife knows about the relationships of past and present. I've even wake my wife up, on my way to riding the 'other' sometimes. I'm even known to duck home from work early for some afternoon delight. My wife knew of my promiscuous ways before we even dated, and has accepted that adultery will always be a part of our relationship. I've sometimes had multiple partners in the same week. I've even made some financial mistakes which have landed me in hot water with the wife every so often.

The thing is, my relationship with my wife is healthy, but with my mistress/s its far more healthier. The mistress is always 'ready to go', and I love to service her regularly, to keep things right for the both of us in the long run.

She never complains when she gets wet, and when I'm finished I can just set her aside and get on with things in life. She never whines, and never needs cuddles, or all that demanding stuff. On the odd occasion, I've even shown public displays of affection to my mistress in front of my wife - it doesn't go down well.

It must be hard being a cyclist's wife.

pinkboy

jim1964, Angel and DaveM like this.
  18. Ozzie in Texas

Ozzie in Texas Well-Known Member

Relationships require you to care for someone, just as you do yourself. I'm not sure you there yet given your post.

BigKahuna and sanj like this.
  19. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

He'sa good boy. Just a crazy cyclist in-love with his bike.

20. 158

158 Well-Known Member

I don't know what's worse:

That you didn't get the whole post was satire, a fully ambiguous post regarding riding my bike as a mistress......or that you thought I would proceed to tell the world that I really was cheating on my wife and you thought better to lecture it!

pinkboy

Lollie and Perthguy like this.