Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Great show on Foxtel seems to bridge AirBnb and typical rentals...Sort of a bit edgy and discriminatory but its a good model for yield maximisation. Capital Living is a business that rents high end suburban IP properties from owners and they seeks tenants but use VERY discerning methods to limit applicatnts to specific types that want that lifestyle and who want to pay a slight premium

Good
    - High yield

Bad
    - Very discriminating
    - Prejudiced ie pretty ones, certain sterotypes etc

Flatshare and House Share - Room to Rent in London by Capital Living

Redwing and JKWS like this.
  2. JKWS

JKWS Well-Known Member

Its actually brilliant..

3. RickProp

RickProp Well-Known Member

Difficult to get finance as a foreigner to buy UK property, I have not checked recently but it was 50% LTV a few years back. Tax laws are also changing 5 April, they are going to tax landlords on rental income less operating expenses (i.e. pre-interest) and not net profit (they then give you a 20% mortgage interest deduction/rebate) after calculating tax. This is going to have huge implications for the private rental sector in the UK as many landlords will now be making a loss after tax on their properties and may choose to sell up. Brexit is also going to throw a spanner in the works as it is uncertain if net immigration will continue as it has. There are a lot of questions at this stage and a lot of uncertainty.

4. Richard Taylor

Richard Taylor Well-Known Member

Just back from 6 weeks in the UK and even with a UK Passport you won't get finance as a non resident.

Richard

5. pommy

pommy Well-Known Member

6. Peter Galbavy

Peter Galbavy Member

I used to think London was insane until I started looking at Sydney. I'm very lucky in that I bought my house in 1995 at the top end of my personal budget (£110k!) but now, even takinginto account the 20+ years of employment and salary changes, I would not be able to afford a 1 bed flat (unit) in a similar area - my house, in it's unrenovated state, could easily make £700k - a couple of house nearby have made more than that with some basic decorating. I am now mortgage free, but I am not thinking about anything other than escape at the moment...