Uber of the real estate world

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by TMNT, 12th Sep, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

2. Waldo

Waldo Well-Known Member

I also fail to see how it is an 'uber' of real estate?

wombat777 likes this.
  3. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

I think its a "sale by owner" type offering with a fixed all inclusive selling cost of under 10k incl legals etc rather than based on % commission. And you do more the work, "semi diy" as it says, not an agent, but you get a "mentor".

Maybe ok to do this if:
    * You know it will sell and have a clear understanding of what yours is worth and its a fairly bread and butter kind of property
    * If you have sold in the past and understand the selling process.
    * You live in the property or nearby so it's not a hassle to do more of the work yourself

For the legals side of property selling I'd want to use a solicitor or conveyancer I already know and trust and not some outsourced offering that simply came as part of the package.
    What do you think? I guess most "savings" would come from higher priced property as you are saving on the commission but there's the gamble of losing big dollars by going the diy route (maybe selling for a suboptimal dollar amount) on something worth so much....

http://mobile.news.com.au/finance/r...-estate-industry/story-fndbawks-1227523776828

Last edited: 13th Sep, 2015
  4. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

For Sale By Owner has been around for Donkeys? They are selling the mentor part?

From the link

Mr Horan said the idea came to him several years ago when he was trying to sell his $2.5 million Adelaide Hills home through an agent.

“It had been on the market for about a year, and one day I asked the agent what the open house was like,” he said. “He sat there and in absolute detail described the five groups that had gone through the house — one was a teacher, and so on — what he didn’t realise was I’d been sitting in a car just down the road. No one had come.”

He sacked the agent immediately, and sold the house himself a month later to someone who lived just down the road.