Ubank for Owner Occupied loan?

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by kennyboi, 27th Jul, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. kennyboi

kennyboi Well-Known Member

Hi,

Wonder if I refinance from NAB to Ubank (or any no frills cheap ones out there) on owner occupied loan only, will it affect my investment borrowing power elsewhere?

Thanks

Cia likes this.
  2. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

Probably not your borrowing capacity right now, but possibly later when you want to access equity for eg.
    They can be fine for set and forget, but there can be issues if you'll need to access equity or similar in the near future.

3. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

U bank is Nabs Home Brand

It doesnt have offset and quite interesting redraw conditions of the world goes funny

There are other lenders that have similarish rates, and have offset.

offset is important for more things than we normally talk about here - eg, tax benefits if you ever rent out etc

In times of so so financial stability, keeping YOUR money, YOUR money is pretty important.

With many lenders, once the money goes into the loan, any redraw is subject to the lenders redraw rules..................which right now look perfectly fine.................

ta
    rolf

Jess Peletier likes this.
  4. kennyboi

kennyboi Well-Known Member

Anyone heard of Click Loans? Any feedback? Are they good with lending capacity? They are as cheap as Ubank with offset.

My investment loans will still be with the big 4. But owner occupier is dead weight which I think can go to one of the no frills.

5. Colin Rice

Colin Rice Mortgage Broker Business Member

This ^^^^^ makes me nervous because at anytime the can lock you out and if you need those funds for deposit + costs or example or eating and paying bills, you may not be able to access. I know a financial planner who had funds in redraw that he got blocked from with drawing post GFC. It almost crippled his business.

LOC are good for keeping the loans from being "mix use" or contaminated" but also have the same criteria applied, that is the limit can be wound back at anytime with out notice to you.

A term is loan is just that and as long as you make repayments on time all should be dandy.

6. Dean Collins

Dean Collins Well-Known Member

was disappointed to learn recently that Ubank wont lend to Aussie expats.

Basically doesn't matter about serviceability/LVR etc.....just not interested in expats and have put them into the "too hard basket".

Something to think about if you ever plan on working overseas.

7. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

There are lots of other lenders that will provide lending to expats, usually on reduced LVRS depending on the currency,

Ubank is a Sausage factory - they dont make Meat Pies.

Similarly, if I go to a Chinese Restaurant, I should not be concerned that they dont do great Spaghetti..............

U bank is a very suitable product for many mainstream PPOR/IP loans as long as one understands the pros and cons.

ta
    rolf

ta
    rolf

albanga likes this.
  8. tobe

tobe Well-Known Member

read some reviews, its more like, 'yes we can make pies, no worries, Ill just get one out of the oven'..... then a week or two later, 'who are you again? Oh, you need to fill out these forms', then, 'Hi how many sausages would you like?'.

9. Colin Rice

Colin Rice Mortgage Broker Business Member

As opposed to;

"Hi John,

(via email without having to call) Your application is with the credit department and we are anticipating an approval this Friday based on assessors feedback. We will update you accordingly" (3 issues had to be addressed by the brokers office that John was not aware of to get it to this stage that where created by the bank).

Please dont hesitate to call or email us if you have any questions or concerns.

Regards,

Your Broker"

Jess Peletier likes this.