TV Shows on property question

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by AFCB, 3rd Aug, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. AFCB

AFCB Member

Hi Everyone

I have been watching a UK show called "Homes Under The Hammer" and i'm wondering if there is an Australian equivalent?

I like the format of this show and I was hoping that there was something similar on Australian property that anyone can recommend?

Also what's your opinion on which is the best investment Australia or UK?

Thanks for your time.

Mark

2. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

One show that does give before and after figures is Selling Houses Australia and Love It or List It Australia.

Unfortunately they don't tell you all the numbers.

Is this a way you're trying to answer your other post about how much to spend on your run-down property in order to get the higher price quoted by an agent?

If so, I'd forget it. You'll do better by getting in another agent and also getting quotes for the various things you are being told will get you an extra $70k.

3. AFCB

AFCB Member

@Wiley
    Thanks i'll check out those shows
    Yes, I was wondering about what to spend before listing , I have watched a lot of the UK shows and there's a huge difference in the outcomes over there ,it may be different now though as Covid19 has probably caused a permanent shift to online auctions.
    The cost of labour is a huge factor so that's true about getting plenty of quotes.

4. AFCB

AFCB Member

I checked out those shows , they don't tell you the 3 most important things original price ,costs of renovation , new price , I was hoping for a format like "Homes under the hammer"
    Thanks anyway.