Tv Antenna...

Discussion in 'Repairs & Maintenance' started by Rich2011, 22nd Sep, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

Newly purchased IP. Tenants move in and no TV reception... Previous owners lived there for 30 years or so, I'm guessing with a working TV (there was one in the living room when I inspected the place, no Foxtel cable available and no dish on the roof) so the PM says need to send the antenna guy around he will TEST the antenna and do a free quote... I said I wanted to meet him onsite please (didnt happen). He calls me and says the antenna is old and needs replacing, I said ok go ahead and I would be at the property in 20 mins. I arrive he has put up the new antenna and no signal..! He then TESTS the system with his fancy meter and nothing. I said lets check the plug/connector on the end of the cable, well its not great looks old and perished and when we install a new end connector we have full signal. So in the end its probably only the connector. I asked if he tested the system when he first arrived and he said no.

And PM's wonder why we are sometime reluctant to just go with their contractor :mad::mad::mad: ....

2. WestOz

WestOz Well-Known Member

And I'll betcha the PM uses/recommends the same tossa again.

Yet another reason why I self manage (should make that my sig)

So what happened, did you tell him to put the old antenna back up?

wylie likes this.
  3. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

No, I left it as the antenna was pretty old. Its just annoying that an experienced person/contractor doesn't do proper checks and testing before replacing things...

4. mush

mush Well-Known Member

Did you hear about the two antennas that fell in love and got married.

Apparently the ceremony wasn't up to much but the reception was superb.......

WestOz and wylie like this.