Turning Point After Latest Sale

Discussion in 'Investor Stories & Showcase' started by Tim86, 3rd Apr, 2024.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Tim86

Tim86 Well-Known Member

We just sold another IP in Brisbane today. This one really pushes us into a nice place financially. Feels like such an amazing turning point.

From starting off in 2011 and 2012 buying run down old houses and fixing them up. Doing a subdivision, removal house, lots and lots of work myself over the past 13 years.

Now at 37yo we've got half a million cash. Live in a 550m2 amazing house 1600m2 block10ks from Brisbane cbd with only $420k owing. Have 1 last investment property currently getting rented for $720pw next door. Only $370k owing on that one. Ppor worth maybe $1.5 million or so, IP worth maybe $1.1 million.

Our ppor is so big we air bnb out 1/4 of it for $50k per year and besides doing the cleans about once per week on average, don't really notice any impact from the air bnb on us.

Wife hasn't "worked" in years, except renos, keeping infant alive, managing and cleaning air bnb, managing rentals.. . I've been working 4 days a week for years, on 125k per year.

Prior to this last sale we were a bit tight with cash flow, now we have really turned a corner.

It was a hard slog for a long time there doing Reno's and building works etc... But to be in a place now with my wife and I both having so much time and energy to invest in our family and also without financial pressure as my son grows up...so ridiculously fortunate that investing has given us that.

I can't reflect on any of these achievements anywhere else without friends etc... hating me lol so forgive me for indulging here. I'm honestly just still processing the point we are at now after this last sale. Property investing has been really bloody hard, but it's given us a heck of a lot. Really appreciate all the help members have given here over the years.

NickWCBA, Underway, craigc and 14 others like this.
  2. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Nice place to be congrats. You have probably timed your exit well. I think Brissie is getting toppy.

I have a unit which I will reno in May and put on the market post 30 June. Despite the peanut gallery saying otherwise this 2016 purchase has essentially doubled from 260k......

Tim86 and Nobody like this.
  3. TheRons

TheRons Well-Known Member

This was a lovely post to read. Congratulations on this achievement. I hope you get to enjoy many beautiful moments with family and close friends or doing whatever you love.

My husband and I have a lot to go and we are seeing how hard it is to maintain properties and solve all sorts of issues. But it feels good to dream similarly of a time when we can be less indebted. Nothing that is worth doing is easy. So, well done!

sash and Tim86 like this.