Trump on the world stage

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Lizzie, 26th Sep, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Read this, this morning - he simply doesn't perceive that he is the laughing stock of the world with his boasting bluster and ignorance.

But he is also damn scary. Declaring that he believes in "patriotism" over "globalism" is dangerous - as patriotism is nothing to do with secularism and isolation - but that is where the USA is heading.

Globalism is here to stay, and to not partake is to back yourself into a North Korean-style corner

Donald Trump's economic boasts draw laughter from world leaders at UN

2. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

And yet, there is this... Screenshot_20180926-223925.png

Ambit likes this.
  3. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

I thought he wanted laughter.....

I suppose everyone can laugh, he got the top job and prob never really wanted it....

4. radson

radson Well-Known Member

“I was with Mike Pompeo before. We were dealing at a very high level with Japan. And I was saying things that nobody in the room even understood,” Mr Trump explained.

I think this is one of the more truthful things that he has said.

"From what I hear, if you look at Mr. Pillsbury, the leading authority on China ... he was saying that China has total respect for Donald Trump and for Donald Trump's very, very large brain.

Who says that??

5. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I think he said.......I’m Prez and your not......... I guess plebs have to suck it up

6. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

I don't think he did.

His response to the laughter was "didn't expect that reaction, but that's ok".

7. wategos

wategos Well-Known Member

Embarrassing for the US that they have this guy as their "leader". Everyone was rolling there eyes, the Germans, Chinese, Russians. The guy is clueless about everything, he is going to do a lot of damage to the US unfortunately. His trade wars will cost them jobs and push investment into other countries. His sanctions will force other countries to create ways around the US, they are already working on this. Once the dollar is bypassed, it´s goodbye USA
    Europe's Alternative To Swift Another Nail In The Dollar's Coffin | Seeking Alpha

8. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

I agree - if Trump wants isolation for the US, then that is what they will get. The rest of the world will simply trade around them.

A lot hinges on the mid-terms. If the Dem's get control of both houses then the damage can be contained - and Trump may even resign in frustration at being hamstrung - worst case scenario ... two years to go

9. dabbler

lol....you think Trump stuffed it, or is stuffing it ? been very active for a long time trying to bypass the US, so is nothing new....

When your at the top you will have people trying to bring you down....

10. CowPat

CowPat Well-Known Member

Last edited by a moderator: 29th Sep, 2018
    Francesco and MTR like this.
  11. dabbler

I find some of the reasoning amusing....seeing we had a PM recently who would shirt front others etc....

Prob plenty of leaders that were odd or out of touch etc...it is never a one man band anyway.....but Trump has really razzled a pile of people.

12. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I find this media reporting trivia a nonsense and those following this rather juvenile and boring

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.