Trump already tanking the markets

Discussion in 'Politics' started by standtall, 9th Nov, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Phar Lap

Phar Lap Well-Known Member

Some people on here are getting rather hysterical and obviously becoming irrational.
    Yet we are, in the past, supposed to be listening their points of view and consider their opinion ?

How on earth is it a rational thing to say there will be mass exodus from the USA to other countries because trump becomes POTUS.

Honestly, get a grip.

There are checks and balances. Just this time the balances will swing back towards more conservative rather than the militant progressive movement.
    The checks will remain.

Even Obama said no matter what happens tonight the sun will still come up tomorrow. So hes not worried.

Why are some of you people on here?

MTR, Sackie, Vultures and 4 others like this.
  2. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

The senate and congress both have both had a majority republican seat count since the last mid term elections, and they still argued with each other and couldn't get things done, its nothing new. A republican president wont change this.

Trump will be surrounded with layer after layer of advisers and red tape and blocks, he will need to tone down the rhetoric if elected as he will not have the ability to do things without support of the power brokers and house majority leaders.

Of greater concern is the fear that he will just use executive orders to get things done instead of working through the two houses. Too many EO's contrary to public and party wishes will make him a despot and tyrant, adn he will face insurrection.

3. albanga

albanga Well-Known Member

Agree with some of the others, people need to relax. This joker is no different to any other joker that gets elected.

This is Another classic example of the media controlling people's thoughts without even the slightest idea of why they think the way they do.

Go survey 100 Australians right now about the election and ask them "What are your thoughts?" I bet 90+ of them will say "I can't believe Donald Trump won". Dig deeper and ask them why on a political level? Ask them to tell you 1 policy he discussed and I can GUARANTEE they cannot answer you.

People can't believe he won because they can't believe the guy from TV is now a president. Nothing to do with politics.

4. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

I have been kind of following this for weeks and I cannot name a single Clinton policy or a single Trump policy.

"Ronald Reagan?!? The actor?!? Then who's vice-president?!? Jerry Lewis?!?"

(Back to the Future)​

Barny likes this.
  5. mikey7

mikey7 Well-Known Member

I put a bet on Trump @ $3.50..
    I wish I got it at the same time someone supposedly put $100k @ $5!

Gockie and Perthguy like this.
  6. Blueskies

Blueskies Well-Known Member

Decent paper losses today, :( hope he can restore confidence as a president.

I think there is shock around the world at how this happened, but in some ways I am not surprised. Left leaning voices on the Internet and media have been deafening during the campaign but you can't underestimate the quiet conservative minded people who (sadly) agree with his way of thinking.

7. Perthguy

Can someone please tell me when the market hits bottom so I know when to buy? ;) :)

L3ha7, Sackie, Gockie and 2 others like this.
  8. Peter_Tersteeg

Peter_Tersteeg Mortgage Broker Business Member

Shortly after he's inaugurated next year. February 29 would be my best guess. :p

Chrispy and Perthguy like this.
  9. Perthguy

I wonder how much it cost for Hillary to campaign? It would not have been cheap.

Washington Post reckons $1.3 B

10. Sonamic

Sonamic Well-Known Member

Only because he'll get Mexicans to build it.:D

Cactus and Perthguy like this.
  11. Eric Wu

Eric Wu Well-Known Member

It happened. :eek:

Heinz57 likes this.
  12. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

I would've thought most are aware of his immigration policy and pledge to build a wall on the Mexican border

Cactus likes this.
  13. jprops

jprops Well-Known Member

Not gonna happen

14. Ran Gus

Ran Gus Well-Known Member

People can't believe he won because of the number of ridiculous statements (and blatant lies) he's made during the election campaign. What should have been complete and utter political suicide has had no real impact on him. If you asked people about his policies, undoubtedly most would reply with his radical policy to construct a wall along the Mexican border, or his plans to appoint a Justice to the Supreme Court to potentially repeal various progressive policies.

But the thing people forget is that the supporters of Trump don't actually care what he says or what he does, or what his policies are. He is merely a symbol representing their disgust at the current political process and establishment or 'elites'. They will vote for just about anything that is different to the status quo, and Trump fits the bill.

Angel, wylie and RM1827 like this.
  15. standtall

standtall Well-Known Member

His campaign team didn't trust him with his Twitter account. He surely has the ability to fill people with confidence.

US barely got out of a recession and I reckon a US recession is back on the cards. Fortunately, the world is not that dependent on US like it was 10 years ago.

It's still a very shaky time for all asset classes. My gut feel is that blue chip property will continue to appreciate in value at the expense of stock markets.

16. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

Won't need it if they are not invading countries & us following.

People buy into too much of the spin on how bad it will all be for everyone, it could be far better too with money used on productive instead of destructive things.

It would be a hard position to take to say that the wars we have all done in last 15 years has made us, US, or anyone else better off, only ones benefiting are those with stakes in making war goods.

C'mon, you can't be serious ? or you have been on PChat too much, did you not watch the debates ?

Cost to Hillary, not much, cost *DONORS* which is part of Trumps policies to end this type of corruption, pay for play etc etc

17. Perthguy

I most certainly did not watch the debates. When I switched channels and the debates were on, all I saw was those two slagging each other off. I didn't know they were about policies. When I saw the way they were carrying on, I switched channels. Life's too short to watch two adults behaving like that. I think they were both appalling. No clue what their polices are or even if they had any.

Angel and kierank like this.
  18. Perthguy

My summary of the respective policy platforms:

Clinton: continuity with change
    Trump: Make America great again

That's all I got from the campaign.

19. dabbler

Well, they both have policies, to make it short.

Hillary is basically more of the same, a continuance of Obama but more Hawkish & painted into a corner on some issues where she would have to differ the status quo, such as on trans pacific trade.

Trump is against almost any of the established policies or wants variations, opposite on health care, on borders and aliens (as they call them) etc

It has all been there to see, but yes, covered in mud.

I watch all of it, I also remember Hillary and Bills antics over the years, I also clearly remember many of things they were trying to trip Trump up on.

Perthguy likes this.
  20. dabbler

PS I hope he shares how to grow a great, fantastic and beautiful portfolio with all of us :)

PS PS I would not expect him to reveal the numbers :p:eek: