True Story - Even Good Tenants Can Go Bad

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by kierank, 28th Feb, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

Actually not my opinion, you said she had no work I thought, so whatever the reason for that is, they have left, they are not denying access while not paying, nor destroying your place, so it could be argued have done what they can, you will likely find a decision maker will say the same.

The small issues are all that need dealing with, they are non issues really.

If you ever lose a job, money, health, you too may be in this predicament of not being able to keep commitments, this is a change in situation, not a change of mind or malice.

No need with the shouting "never", you need luck too, your long winded post just reads like a joke minus the punchline, all the build up and drama then nothing, nada, non issue, not preventable, was not having a go at you, was just saying I was expecting that at the end, kinda let down she was such a good tenant (in a bit of a pickle), that was all.

2. kierank

kierank Well-Known Member

Like I said in my last post and I won't put it in capitals as you don't like me 'shouting' but I will repeat it for you AGAIN:

But I have a different opinion - so we will have to just disagree.

I got excited when I saw your post. Then as I read it, I realised it was a 'long winded post that just reads like a joke minus the punchline, all the build up and drama then nothing, nada.'

I thought you were a serious and successful investor; someone that may be I could look up to and model myself on. I was hoping that you would post some real gems, give meaningful and helpful tips, inspire me and other PC members, etc. But I was sadly disappointed. I am 'not having a go at you, was just saying I was expecting that at the end, kinda let down'.

3. dabbler

Don't blame me for your disappointment/s. My experience tells me you seem to be being unreasonable and making something out of nothing, no point in discussing further as you also seem to be taking it personally, which it should not be.

Cheers & out.

4. kierank

When I posted above that 'I was sadly disappointed', I was saying that in complete jest. I thought me quoting your words back to you, would have given you that impression. My apologies for not making that clear to you. Next time I will use :) :) so that there is no confusion.

Like I said in my last two posts:

But I have a different opinion - so we will have to just disagree.

You probably didn't mean it to be but I find that comment hysterical. I reply with your words and I seem to be taking it personally. They are your words, not mine :) :).

5. dabbler

Ok, it is no drama either way, anyway, onto other things :)

kierank likes this.
  6. kierank

Same here. It is no drama either way, anyway, onto other things :) :)

Xenia likes this.
  7. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

Termination letter send out to my first ever tenant in my first IP. Felt sad about it but really it was out of my hands and the demands that they were requesting was getting ridiculous.

8. Xenia

Xenia Well-Known Member

End of lease Jins?

9. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

End of lease as well which was good. Felt really bad for her as she went through a relationship breakdown and to be honest I wanted to help her but my managing agent told me not to.

Xenia likes this.
  10. Xenia

Xenia Well-Known Member

Empathy is a great thing to have Jins but need to not mix business and charity.
    If there was no definite method to repay debt and get on top of things then allowing someone to get deeper into dept is not really the right thing to do.

MTR and jins13 like this.