Trends - 2017 and Drones

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by MTR, 18th Dec, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Thought this was a good read pertaining to USA property market trends in 2017... will we go the same way in Australia.... (Source Market Watch, 5 December)

Below are extracts from the article.
    Full article include trends in US property and Trump of course.

https://www.propertychat.com.au/community/forums/general-property-chat.2/create-thread

[​IMG] Getty . Drones will get more popular in the real estate world in 2017
    Commercial use of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), or drones, in 2017 has been cleared for takeoff by the Federal Aviation Administration, and the nascent use of drones by the real-estate industry is likely to expand dramatically next year, according to several analysts.

“Location, location, location has now become perspective, perspective, perspective,” said Steve McIrvin, chief executive of Autel Robotics USA, a Bothell, Wash.–based drone manufacturer. “If you have a property [to sell] with more than an acre of land or a unique perspective, it’s a good reason to bring in a drone.”

While the use of drones to create those flyovers of properties for real-estate agents began to rise this year, home buyers and sellers will be able to use them as well by next year, as operators will no longer need a commercial pilot’s license to fly, although some flights will need the FAA’s or local tower permission, along with a flight plan filed online.

“I could teach you to operate [a drone] in 30 minutes,” said Tim Nguyen, a San Mateo, Calif.–based business-development manager for China’s DJI, the biggest maker of UAV’s, who said real-estate agents and buyers can use drones to do live postings to social media. “It’s a new way of interacting with clients and buyers from all around the world,” Nguyen said.

The newest drones have built-in redundancy: If an operator lets go of the controls, it simply hovers in place, Nguyen said. Even better straight-out-of-the-box prices for high-quality drones are expected to drop to as little as $500, he added, though drones with higher-end features, including gyro-stabilized platforms, which help steady the video images, will still run $1,000 to $1,200. The smaller gyro-stabilized drones, with the rotors shut off, can also be handheld and walked inside a home to provide steadier images during a video walk-through, he said.

While initially a tool of the selling side, the expansion of drone use in the commercial space means that they now be a tool for home buyers, as well. “Buyers in Seattle are skipping the home inspection because the market is so hot, but that doesn’t mean you can’t get a drone to take a quick look,” McIrvin said. He said he recommends that a buyer who skips the home inspection in a competitive buying situation use a drone to inspect a home’s roof, to ensure that a chimney doesn’t have cracks, or to circle the house if access isn’t available.

MTR:)

Perthguy and Gockie like this.
  2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Drone Mk 1

[​IMG]

spludgey likes this.
  3. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I think @Westminster used drone for her recent project/marketing?

MTR:)

4. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

noogie60 likes this.
  5. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

lixas4, andrew_t, C-mac and 2 others like this.
  6. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

We had a drone to see what the views will be from our townhouses. I doubt he had a licence to fly it and I know someone heavily into drones. He says it is very heavily regulated.

Westminster likes this.
  7. 380

380 Well-Known Member

Now if only I could use a drone to inspect my rehabs in US, that would save me hours

8. twobobsworth

twobobsworth Well-Known Member

MTR likes this.
  9. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I want a drone for Xmas too:)

10. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Did anyone hear about China stealing the USA drone.... don't worry, they are returning it

USA Today (Source, extract)

China agrees to return U.S. drone seized in South China Sea, Pentagon says

China’s Defense Ministry says it will return the U.S. Navy underwater drone it captured operating in international waters in the South China Sea, after it seized the device to ensure the “safe navigation of passing ships.”

Yang Yujun, a ministry spokesman, issued a statement late Saturday saying a Chinese navy lifeboat discovered the unknown device in the South China Sea on Thursday, according to the Associated Press.

11. devank

devank Well-Known Member

Cool... We can get cheap drones in few weeks.

Cactus, Sackie and MTR like this.
  12. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

It might have capabilities of 5km but under Strine law must remain in the operator's line of sight.

13. Ouchmyknees

Ouchmyknees Well-Known Member

That's ok, Donald Trump said "Take it."

MTR likes this.
  14. House

House Well-Known Member

They've recently changed regulations so anything under 2kg (most drones) doesn't require a licence and insurance is optional
    o_O
    Bit silly as the bigger ones such as Phanthom's could cause a lot of damage. Only going to see more of this https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...6ca5de43e114966e8ea8ebdd19155d7?client=safari

I got the Mavic Pro and it's an incredible little bit of machinery/tech;

Sonamic likes this.
  15. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

... and he said thanks bigly....I mean big league

Ouchmyknees likes this.
  16. Gen-Y

Gen-Y Well-Known Member

I hope it doesn't fly pass my place. I like to do my nature walk in the backyard nude. :p

17. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I just got my pool in and I like to swim naked, that's OK, I will blow them some kisses.

18. alicudi

alicudi Well-Known Member

i

Hi

Does this mean you can view the flight camera mounted on the drone from the screen on your controller whilst the drone is flying up to 5km away? If so that is totally awesome!

I wonder what technology is used to transmit the remote control functions and video over that distance?

Regards,

alicudi

19. John Wood

John Wood Member

As a Photographer I'm moving more into this line of work.
    I'm based in the Eastern Suburbs Sydney if anyone needs any work done. Video or Stills. Can travel if required.

MTR likes this.
  20. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Drones are changing the world, love it.

PFI can assist you with your investment strategies for your SMSF, Life Cover for your members and assistance with compliance. We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice