Tradie recs for apartment reno Sydney

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by tattoo, 15th May, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. tattoo

tattoo Well-Known Member

Anyone have tradies/builders they've used that they would recommend ?
    I've got 2 bdr apartment around north sydney area that will need some reno, and will be living in it for a first few years. Just at the initial planning stage so would like to get qoutes to get realistic idea of costs, very roughly thinking about $50K

Will need
    - structural engineer/builder (looking to remove wall for open kitchen plan if not load bearing)
    - take out existing kitchen and redo, prefer custom fit to make best use of space
    - redo bathroom/toilet, waterproof, tiles, new vanity etc
    - new floorboards (wood/engineered wood) everywhere except bedrooms (carpet)
    - repaint apartment

As it needs strata approval, will need to show all plans, licenses, insurance etc for tradies. I would like this to go as smoothly and quickly as possible - so efficiency and being practical is key. Eg. are there companies that can do kitchen and bathroom renos equally well, so I don't need go to 2 different tradies ? Is it generally cheaper to source material or is it more practical for renovator to do the lot ?

I have no experience, so any pointers and suggestions to start me off will be great !

2. freddy

freddy Well-Known Member

Log a job on hipages you will get lots of willing companies do a quote for you. Some can do both. Look for past jobs and reviews. Budgets for kitchen and bathroom can range from $10k to $25k each.

Maybe look at last approved strata renovations they normally have in the minutes who is the provider and the cost for the job. You can then contact them to say you have a similar job.

Best to do it same time as well so one set of skip hire.

tattoo likes this.
  3. tattoo

tattoo Well-Known Member

someone did get some renos done in the building recently. I'm not living in the building at the moment, so can't do a knock door introduction. I'm going to try see if I can get his contact via strata manager or something ...