Tracking ex Div dates

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by qak, 1st Dec, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. qak

qak Well-Known Member

I will be selling some shares in earlyish 2018, but want to do the trades ex div. There are about a dozen stocks, a couple of them don't pay dividends.

Is there an easy way to identify the dates the stocks go ex div? I know I can estimate the dates based on previous years, but to get the actual dates would rather not have to go through each code searching for whether a dividend announcement has been made.

They are held on CommSec but I am not familiar with what is available there.

TIA

2. Cadbury99

Cadbury99 Well-Known Member

You obviously won’t be able to know before a company decides when it’s going to pay a dividend. Some companies don’t make this decision a long way in advance.
    There is a web site Upcoming Dividends | dividends.com.au that tracks up and coming dividend dates.

3. PJ1

PJ1 Well-Known Member

I am not familiar with Commsec but with Westpac I can set up an alert to advise me up to 10 days prior to ex date. Commsec may have a similar function.