Townhouses vs OTP New High Rise Units in Brisbane..

Discussion in 'What to buy' started by willair, 3rd Jan, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Just wondering what people think will happen in the area within the the 10 klm's radius from Brisbane CBD Townhouses vs otp new units..

I'm starting to see a massive price difference between a 15 year old 2 level townhouse in the inner southside in blocks of 9 townhouses vs multi level complexes ,where several new multi unit complexes developments and being built or being sold walking distance from the older solid good land value townhouses..

Only my opinion but there may be a small window in this market within markets because the unlimited supply that will come onto the inner Brisbane market of OTP High Rise units vs people who try and sell a townhouse over the next six months..imho..

2. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

This has already started but is infancy
    I would xpect this gap yo widen this yr and the next few. Partly because of supply, partly because if the land component you speak of..assuming location of both are comparable and no big difference exists in the location between the th and otp.
    Disclaimer: I own a th in what you describe above.

willair likes this.
  3. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Can you please clarify Willair.

Are you saying that you are noticing that old-style low rise townhouses are doing well whereas new high rise apartments are oversupplied and dropping in price. Therefore inner ring townhouses is the window of opportunity you speak of?

Or are you saying that owners of low rise townhouses should cash out before it is too late?

4. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

I have been watching a few small pockets within dutton park annerley inner southside Brisbane ..And where you have several multi units developments within those small area's that are zoned for that type of development brand new, the old 15--25 year old Townhouses in blocks of 9 prices on above 900sqm's seems to be going down and more listings over the past 8 weeks..Maybe because people want the brand new units compared too the older ones so the demand is just not there for those old townhouses..

Just too give you an idea on value,Went with our daughter a few hours ago to look at one townhouse in annerley..
    The garage had several cracks in the slab plus movement in the blockwork,the same split in the tiles in the kitchen lounge area straight down the middle through every tile ,the small courtyard was good all the bedrooms were excellent,hws power board water pressure good ,so apart from fixing the tiles and seal the slab and paint that amount of work turns everyone off,but had over 50k in the sinking fund..imho..