Townhouse? Unit? Subdivided house?

Discussion in 'What to buy' started by Skyhighlimit, 17th Nov, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Skyhighlimit

Skyhighlimit Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I’m looking to buy a property to live in Within Box Hill High School Zone Vic . I prefer not having to do much renovations, so the property itself should be in decent condition. I have been looking at the market for half year now.
    With my budget, I can only afford a subdivided house, a townhouse or a unit.

I wonder given the situation and criteria what are the most important factors to consider if I still want to have decent capital gain for the small Land size?

I have three candidates, all are in decent condition.
    1. A unit ($1m) 415 square meters of land, single floor, location is best: Very close to school and train station ( 5-7 mins) 3 bedrooms, maybe built 20-30 years ago.

2 a town house ($1.1-1.3m) 380 square meters of land , two floors, location Not as good as the unit, but 10-15mins walk to school and train station, newish property Maybe 5 years old property. 3 bedrooms.

3. Subdivided stand-alone house ($1.1m-$1.25m) 360 square meters. Two floors, built 23 years ago, but still in decent condition. need to drive the the train station or school, no good public transport(Only one bus) , (23-25 mins walk to school and train station) but close to park, sport center, football field etc, nicer surroundings. 4 bedrooms. —— what worried me is that it is at the school zone boundary At the moment — It is certainly possible this house will fall outside of Box hill high school zone in a few years.

if you can comment what are the important factors or comment which property is the best to buy, wound be highly appreciated!

2. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

You're going to be living there - so really is a case of "up to you".....

PM me the ad's and I might be able to give a better opinion.

The Y-man