QLD Townhouse suburb recommendations - BCC south side

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by jaybean, 22nd Apr, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. jaybean

jaybean Well-Known Member

Budget is about 260k - 280k.

Right now I'm looking around Springwood - it's a well regarded area, has one of the major busways and a few shopping centers. Lots of options for sub-300's.

My only concern is supply. I'm currently looking for another townhouse in the Sunnybank Hills area (different budget of course) and as much as I like the neighboring Runcorn for house and land, it's a no go for townhouses due to sheer supply. Is Springwood the same? I notice quite a few complexes around but don't know the area well enough to know whether it's balanced with regular houses or whether it's more like Runcorn?

2. Tanya1335

Tanya1335 Well-Known Member

There are plenty of units/town houses in Springwood, I would lean towards houses as they are easier to rent. Have a look at the town planing for Springwood there is tonnes of re zoning in the area, lots of high rises planned, Springwood is tipped to become the next CBD hub between Brisbane & the Gold Coast, is is very popular at present along with Rochedale, houses are generally selling within 7-10 days

HUGH72 and Blueskies like this.
  3. Blueskies

Blueskies Well-Known Member

Spot on, I like the area but need to factor this into your decision making. Mind you these zoning changes were made a couple of years ago and it hasn't seemed to have translated to much activity on the ground as far as new developments that I can see. (Yet?)

4. Tanya1335

This rezoning can take several years to come into effect, however I feel that it is getting closer as properties are snatched up very quickly in recent times, so quickly that a large percentage of properties in the area are advertised as "make an offer", most agents have lists of buyers ready to purchase

5. jaybean

jaybean Well-Known Member

Can't get a house in Springwood for that budget...

6. Tanya1335

In that case look for a smaller complex, something with a court yard, pet friendly if possible, these tend to be easier to rent.

7. RPI

RPI SDA Provider, Town Planner, Former Property Lawyer

Springwood is Logan as opposed to Brisbane. Big difference in rules etc

We provide our clients with the opportunity to select their own investments from a wide range of ASX listed securities. We provide the research to ensure your selections will achieve the goals. This is the value of advice.