QLD Toowoomba next big thing

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Randall, 12th Oct, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
?

Is Toowoomba best regional

1. Push the bush

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Push the bush

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Randall

Randall Member

Will Toowoomba shine

2. Kangabanga

Kangabanga Well-Known Member

Toowoomba is that a regional town? Any new mining investment going in? If not, probably wont see much.

Well actually have relatives staying there. Property has been down like 10 to 15% in the past year. Homes take like 3months to sell and u can find quite a few listed for up to 6 months.over there auctions are held coz sellers need to liquidate, not becoz of hoping to get the highest price ever....

3. Randall

Randall Member

Inland rail new hospital new gas fields Qantas training center new gov centers moved regional new high schools west of city new 40 hectares high tec green houses and more 1+1 =2 check it out movements up 15/20 over the next 3 years north east established houses only

4. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

Yeah..........nah. It might get a ripple the next time Brisbane has a property boom.

5. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

I own in Toowoomba but I am not that optimistic. We have seen big infrastructure plans before when every "expert" tipped CG there back in 13/14. The Infrastructure has and is being built but hasn't made a difference to property market. Last four years it's been flat. Oversupply issues. Might see some minor growth the next few years but don't think it will be much. If buying now I would buy in Brissy all day before Toowoomba.

Kangabanga and Propertunity like this.
  6. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Demand isn't there to make it worthwhile for me. And like above poster said, supply issues makes it even worse.

Pentanol likes this.
  7. kierank

kierank Well-Known Member

I bought in Toowoomba about 12 months ago.

I was born in Toowoomba, my Mum and Dad lived there for over 80 years, ...;)

I am a B+H investor. I know the area really well, I have a lot of history there, I am prepared for the long-term, I (probably) have some insider information, ... :eek:

Please keep all of this s secret. I am not ready yet for the news to get out, for crowd to rush in, property to boom, ... :D

Last edited: 14th Oct, 2018
    Sackie likes this.
  8. Eric Wu

Eric Wu Well-Known Member

there are way too many developments in the area, seems every street has duplex (developed and developing), price has been hammed, difficult to sale ...

not looking very good.

9. kierank

kierank Well-Known Member