QLD To those who doubted my 20%pa for next 5 years Gold Coast call ...

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by big max, 15th Nov, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. big max

big max Well-Known Member

image.jpeg
    Already up 33.5% last 12 months in my suggested investment suburb (Mermaid Beach). So now only need to get 66.5% increase spread over next 4 years, which I think is easily achievable. I'm expecting around 25% increase in Mermaid Beach in the coming year.

I love being right.

Last edited: 15th Nov, 2016
    ahom, wombat777, Sackie and 3 others like this.
  2. big max

Shaq_01 likes this.
  3. Mel_C

Mel_C Well-Known Member

Shaq_01 likes this.
  4. Ross Forrester

Ross Forrester Well-Known Member

There is a deep pleasure being able to tell the world "I told you so!".

I hope I can do this in 5 years time.

Shaq_01, big max and Terry_w like this.
  5. big max

gold coast sweet spot.jpg broadbeach waters.jpg
    This is the gain for Broadbeach Waters. Also pretty good at 24.8%.
    FullSizeRender (003).jpg
    A close up of the absolute sweet spot in Gold Coast, Mermaid Beach which will be the absolute epicenter of the coming Gold Coast boom over the next decade. Albatross Ave, Petrel Ave, Seagull Ave, and also Dolphin Ave on the other side of the Gold Coast highway.

6. big max

Mel - the interactive growth chart is at: www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/realestate/gold-coast-mansion-hits-the-market-with-12-million-price-tag/news-story/8cd63589ee95dab9904640a894f2ca34

I am not sure how to isolate the chart tool itself, but its very detailed and very useful. If anyone want to drill down in more detail, cut and paste etc, please do so

PS - If I had to pick, I think the absolute best performer Gold Coast next year will be Mermaid Waters, if only due to proximity and arbitrage to Mermaid Beach. I would estimate 25%-30% pa next 12 months.

Mel_C likes this.
  7. Moych

Moych Well-Known Member

Here you go:
    Gold Coast Property Price Growth

The dataset is locked though, No references to check any further and limited to the GC footprint. Nice stats if they're accurate and current though!

8. big max

They match with the data on re.com and onthehouse.com.

But yes would be good to know the source and underlying data. Anecdotally the data does generally match with my overall observations.

9. Danieljk101

Danieljk101 Well-Known Member

I guess your official Gold Coast property news thread wouldn't of been enough advertising for this...?

Joynz likes this.
  10. big max

In general my view is that a little more broader publicity of the correctness of my forecasts can't hurt. Especially as we are all ultimately here to help each other to be successful investors. You will note though I did link to the news thread, so please feel read both, one, (or none) as you see fit.

11. big max

Thanks for this. Wonder who actually created the chart/tool then. Note also Broadbeach is omitted (maybe that data was simply not imputed into the tool?)

12. Whiteman

Whiteman Well-Known Member

Hey big max, what are your thoughts positive or negative on Coolangatta?
    Very few houses in that postcode, mostly apartments.

13. big max

What may be particularly value is to look at the macro "heatmap" and see where the "fire" will naturally spread to. If you look at the various hotspots (you can zoom in on the tool), you can see areas that you might anticipate will be nice to "catch fire". In my mind, Mermaid Waters (just inland and adjacent to Mermaid Beach is the most obvious). Anything beachside of highway (currently orange) may be a likely candidate to turn red (Palm Beach, Burleigh etc). And as a value investor, Currumbin and Bilinga (right nect to red hot Tugun) catches my eye for having actually dropped - no idea why, but clearly a value sign in my mind...

FullSizeRender (008).jpg

14. big max

Positive overall. You will hear the "airplanes fly overhead" as a negative from some people/agents, but this is of course "priced in". Reality is the light rail will be extended there, and it is the first point of entry for many tourists. Beach is right there. So yes, I would seriously consider a house, with redevelopment potential longer term into units.

15. Whiteman

Whiteman Well-Known Member

Thanks for your thoughts, the north facing beach and no shadowing issues has already drawn me down there ... i was hoping price rises in mermaid beach would extend down to palm beach then to currumbin/tugun and beyond

16. big max

Good thinking. All this makes sense to me.

Cleary when buying use the "airplanes overhead" thing to you max advantage to drive down price :)

Also suggest you look closely at any plans or most likely route for light rail (positive) as well as airport extension area.

17. big max

IMG_8821.jpg IMG_8822.jpg IMG_8823.jpg

Latest quarterly numbers from my investment focus areas. Pretty much tracking exactly to 20% price increases per annum.

Piston_Broke likes this.
  18. jaybean

jaybean Well-Known Member

Is the Gold Coast roughly like Brisbane where houses are performing well but apartments are not? Or are all property types there doing well?