To enrol existing property to SDA

Discussion in 'NRAS & NDIS SDA' started by Wanqi508, 20th Feb, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Wanqi508

Wanqi508 Member

I am purchasing a house about 30 yo, used a disabled person live there. It is modified very well for a wheel chair access - ramp, enlarged room, outdoor area, deck, bathroom, ceiling tracks & hoist, etc. perfect for a disabled person. I want to enrol it into SDA program, but I am very new to this area. just wondering if anyone there got this experience, can point me at a direction.

I read some document online, seems I may not be able to do that, because it is an existing dwelling. if i can not, is there other government program I can participate ? I see it is best to let to the disabled person, because work is already done for that.

thank you to anyone who wants to share and help.

2. RPI

RPI SDA Provider, Town Planner, Former Property Lawyer

You can't enrol an old dwelling unless you spend a lot. Eg house 3 resident plus OO needs to have over $600k in renovations to get the New Build SDA rate.

3. Kholod45

Kholod45 Active Member

Hello all, I wonder if anybody can recommend a builder to do the retrofit of existiing unit to SDA standard of fully accessible or IL?
    A builder who has done it before. I own a block of units and want to integrate disability tenants, maybe just 1 or 2 units.