Time for the Baby Boomer to Pay Their Way.....

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by sash, 20th Nov, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TAJ

TAJ Well-Known Member

Digressing from a direct question in my eyes is a form of weakness.
    Relevance pertains to not a singular party.
    I have read your arguments and still not able to ascertain what your angst is.
    What I have ascertained is that the younger generations haven't taken onboard that to achieve anything in life worthwhile, sacrifices have to be made. I have 3 adult children 32, 30 and 28. They are all struggling with the reality that life isn't easy. Hope you have realised that by now.

MikeyBallarat, Marg4000 and kierank like this.
  2. Timb89

Timb89 Well-Known Member

What are your banking details?

If you've read my arguments, address the points that I've risen. What you perceive my angst to be is irrelevant to the macro economic discussion. I'm interested in no other discussions or lecture.

And don't forget to answer my question, lest you seem weak.

3. TAJ

TAJ Well-Known Member

So Mummy and Daddy are Baby Boomers.
    What do they think about your plight?
    I agree that it is difficult for the younger generation to get on the property ladder, but certainly not impossible.
    Winners associate with winners, I learnt this very early in life. Don't be a loser!
    The macro economics of the country are not going to change simply because you feel they are unfair. Deal with it! Make the most of the conditions that are on offer and stop coming across as a big sook!

Francesco, MWI and kierank like this.
  4. Timb89

Timb89 Well-Known Member

It would be irrelevant to my arguments but please keep making assumptions and basing your position around them. Not a great strategy, but fine by me.

Its very telling that your opinion of someone and what they may or may not have accomplished based on your assumptions, is dependent on wether they are bullish or bearish on the property market. Screams bubble to me.

Don't forget your banking details, otherwise not interested in taking lessons from some one who called themselves weak.

But if you'd prefer, happy to discuss some macro principles as presented in the arguments previously.

5. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

This gentleman has absolutely no interest whatsoever to build wealth via real estate. He has already clearly stated his position, excerpt below:

"Just to reiterate my previous comment: Don't get me wrong people still worked hard during this time, but for disproportionate and unsustainable results then can't be hoped to be achieved by people working equally as hard in the present day. Just an unavoidable fact sorry to say. And if those returns could be seen again, my vote would be to avoid that and steer our national investment strategies to more productive/diverse endeavours".

He has made his position crystal clear. Any more discussion on why real estate could be a great vehicle to create wealth is a total waste of time.

Francesco, MWI, MikeyBallarat and 4 others like this.
  6. mues

mues Well-Known Member

I use real estate to create wealth. But I agree with both bits above you highlighted.

The things I have done with investing have been good for me and my family. But they also might not be good for society. I also think I may have personally contributed to making things harder for you for younger people.

I’m just still trying to work out how to play the game we are in, while changing the rules for the next generation at the same time.

It’s called pragmatism.

(I’d also note between you all there is a lot of other detailed arguments I didn’t follow because they were overly picky and annoying to read. )

Timb89 likes this.
  7. kierank

kierank Well-Known Member

That’s my definition of BAD LUCK :D.

skater likes this.
  8. kierank

Don’t forget to answer all of our questions first ;).

Make sure you give facts, not anecdotes :eek:.

C’mon.

skater likes this.
  9. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Your conflict is an internal, philosophical one. Nothing to do with pragmatism.

The rules/concepts/ principles in life which govern how successful people are created won't change. All that can change to align with the path of success is the individual themselves. People who refuse to come to terms with this key concept are setting themselves up to fail over and over again.

Francesco, MWI, skater and 1 other person like this.
  10. Timb89

Timb89 Well-Known Member

Then stop wasting you time.

Feel free to depart.

11. Timb89

Timb89 Well-Known Member

Your rules, not mine.

I won't be dictated too and answer questions that I don't feel present value to me. Feel free to ask any questions you so choose.

I'm here to see if anyone could answer pressing questions I had about the future of the Australian market and see if I could be swayed to form a position. The best I've got so far is "you just have to believe!".

12. turk

turk Well-Known Member

So you’re only here to take but not to give.

MWI, wilso8948, MikeyBallarat and 2 others like this.
  13. Timb89

Timb89 Well-Known Member

Absolutely. Free research. I hope you're not taking issue of using the system to your advantage? That seems to be most of the advice I've been given.

14. kierank

Wrong champ.

Re-read the thread:- “Your rules, not mine”.
    This would be a great forum (NOT) if we all had that approach.

So, it is all about you?

Most of us are on PC to help others and learn from others.
    I and many others have and you have ignored them.

Given the tone and content of your previous posts, I think you will find that very few will want to engage with you.

I feel you might have burnt that bridge.

15. Timb89

Timb89 Well-Known Member

Then go?

My questions have been been relating to broader economic questions and how modelling of the property market might look in future?

The questions I've been asked are how old my parents are?

Don't make me laugh.

Last edited: 24th Nov, 2019
  16. kierank

Nope because:

skater likes this.
  17. turk

turk Well-Known Member

No, go ahead knock yourself out.

Researching property investment on a property forum using information from anonymous posters seems to be getting you nowhere as you have pointed out.

upload_2019-11-24_8-59-48.jpeg

MWI, Marg4000, skater and 1 other person like this.
  18. Timb89

Timb89 Well-Known Member

OK stay, feel free to answer any about the economic situation questions? Or just keep giving me nothing's that confirm my sucpicions about the proper market. Either way appreciated.

19. Timb89

Timb89 Well-Known Member

I've learnt alot. My bubble suspicions are far more confirmed. But as I've said, we'll see.

It depends how much daddy government steps in.

20. turk

turk Well-Known Member

Good to see you're learning a lot, which posts have helped confirm your bubble suspicions?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.