Timber Veneer doors paint or replace ?

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by PatsyStone, 17th Dec, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Tim & Chrissy

Tim & Chrissy Well-Known Member

Give it a run, they even sell paint to paint the kitchen bench tops (not that I would ever use it).

I did a bathroom about 5 years ago and had to treat the tiles with ESP and then paint. For the reno last year I got a painter in and he used a product that painted straight onto tile with no prior treatment. The paint is still on the wall tiles and no signs of peeling.

2. Tim & Chrissy

The other option is to measure the doors and send it off to a few kitchen places for a quote. Try pick one that manufacturer their own so you're cutting out the middle man.

3. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

Someone mentioned adding moulding above if you are going to keep the doors which might be the option now that they are non standard.
    As you say you can experiment with the bathroom cabinet doors first.

BTW none of this is my work. I live on Pinterest which has a lot of DIY budget ideas.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gockie and Tim & Chrissy like this.
  4. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

Simple, lift the rug and have a look see :)

So, seeing no budget, I would look at simple ways to improve without it looking like lipstick on a pig, also depending on home and market, even spending may only make sale easier, not more $$$

Last edited by a moderator: 4th Nov, 2016
  5. Tim & Chrissy

That's the problem with timber, lacquered on top and rotten underneath. I don't mind crawling under houses when I have to but not keen to do it for a an inspection!