Tim the Toolman says g'day

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by timthetoolman, 25th Aug, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. timthetoolman

timthetoolman Member

G'day everyone and hopefully I get to know a few of you here.

A little about myself, have worked in the building industry literally since 1983 even though I'm only 50-years young but being raised in a building family means I've had a lot to learn over the years but alas I failed woodwork hence the nickname.

I co-own a business that sees me work with Builders through all of Victorian and most of Queensland including Townsville. We are a network of small local builders and I mainly educate them but also help design plans for the different regions and right now we have been progressing on standardising the Australian Liveable Housing Guideline which will be the way Australian construction for residential housing will progress.

Anyway, since we have been locked down here in Melbourne thanks to our esteemed leader, I've been all of a sudden getting inundated through friends, past clients and fellow footy supporters (go lions) to help them with their plans, finding builders etc... and I've also managed to become the new Chair for the Melbourne East Metropolitan Branch so I'm finding being locked up at home has not been a negative thing at all and I've managed to give back.

I like to help the small builder and I will be up front and tell you all I totally abhor the mass marketed volume builders and have very little time for them and I have indeed worked for one, being their Sales Manager so I know what I'm talking about from experience.

I am, however, very passionate about the country and I Push for the Bush which means that for many of you there may be greener grass by a move out to the country. It's going to happen with the Covid stuff so regional Australia will become strong again.

If I can help anyone with genuine advice then I would be very happy. As a country boy I call it as I see it so if I come across as arrogant that is not my intention. I am only trying to give honest advice.

Hopefully we chat soon.

2. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

timthetoolman likes this.