This is what is wrong with our parliament

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Lizzie, 28th Nov, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Do you think it will be that bad Lizzie..

I was talking to the local Barber about this early today while getting a hair-cut
    ,and he asked what do I think about the federal election and who will win..

I told him,in Australia pressure make diamonds and start reading up on this gentleman because Labor has a peculiar sense of hospitality when it comes to their leaders..
    upload_2019-1-24_13-20-43.jpeg

2. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

I don't think it'll be an automatic swing to Labor ... I honestly don't know what will happen but a lot of people are getting really mad at the current crop of pollies, and their blindness to what really matters to the voters ... I see a big swing to Independents and Greens, so it depends on where their preferences go

3. Archaon

Archaon Well-Known Member

Conflating "mud-slinging" in parliament with actual sexual assault is what's wrong with the left's narrative.

What's that old adage, "Sticks and stones... something something".

4. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Feels like that's only the surface of it

5. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

With all of the fragmentation of the vote on both sides of the great divide, the rusted on party supporters won't change their vote, the rest will come down to a great % of independents. So whichever party comes out on top, it'll be doing deals with 20% of seats held by independents. So to get any issue over the line, the camel you asked for will look like a rhino (and called a fat unicorn).

6. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

And now there will probably be so many more independents - after the success of Kerry Phelps, the Mundine matter, and the determination by some to remove certain members (Tony).

Palmer is a wild card though - and may split some of the independent vote. He's spending a whole lot of money already.

7. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

That is the great unknown - I was pretty much a rusted on Lib supporter but recently am so disillusioned that all loyalty is gone in a puff of dust

8. Scott No Mates

Disillusioned with the whole of government at all levels - local, state & feral. The informal party might be a good bet - get your ballot paper, write "**** the lot of you" across the page, fold it up and box it. :rolleyes:

Unless your seat is very marginal, voting informal will have very little effect on the outcome and won't go to a party that you don't like.

9. Archaon

Archaon Well-Known Member

Vote 1 least-disliked to most-disliked, otherwise you're giving up your democratic right (laughable though it may be) and can't exactly be disappointed with who got it in if you didn't vote either way.

Lizzie likes this.
  10. kierank

kierank Well-Known Member

I am thinking I will just number my card from 1 to n but my old man used to say that when you submit a donkey vote, you deserve the donkey you get :eek:.

11. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

It doesn't really matter who you vote for.

A politician always gets in.

Archaon likes this.
  12. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

We reserve our democratic right to whinge about whoever is in power, regardless of whether we voted for them or not :p :D

Archaon and Scott No Mates like this.
  13. Scott No Mates

No-one is held to account for voting them in and fewer admit to it when things go bad :confused:

Archaon likes this.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia