Things to do before first tenants

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Creamy, 26th Feb, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Creamy

Creamy Well-Known Member

Do you get the property professionally cleaned (or at least the carpets) and pest control done prior to first tenants moving in?

Then pass on the costs of cleaning and pest control (if allowing for pets) to any subsequent tenants?

2. MyPropertyPro

MyPropertyPro REBAA Buyer's Agents Sutherland Shire & Surrounds Business Member

The property is presented in a particular way to the incoming tenants and they are not required to pay anything for this. However if you steam clean carpets and have a full and professional bond clean done, those tenants must then leave the property in the exact same way they found it, meaning usually they would pay to do the same on exit.

On my new purchases I always pay to have both done as essentially it is a one off cost and starts a cycle that I won't have to pay for ongoing. It's a small but worthy investment when it comes to the marketing of your property as many investors don't realize the impact cleanliness has on applications.

Marg4000 and Creamy like this.
  3. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

I have the place professionally cleaned and the garden tided up for the incoming tenant as a way to set the standard for the regular inspections, not expecting it to be on the same level but close to it.

Spoony and MyPropertyPro like this.
  4. SeafordSunshine

SeafordSunshine Well-Known Member

Hiya Creamy,

taking a slightly different tack.
    Have you got an electrical certificate?
    Smoke alarm with fresh batteries?
    Have you got a plumbing Certificate?
    9L flow per minute
    have you got a blinds certificate?
    no cords dangling.
    Have you checked balcony railing?
    No body able to fall over it.
    Hand rails on stairs secure.
    Manual for dishwasher
    Manual for stove
    Air Conditioner.
    Council Garbage collection list
    I hope this helps!

Chillingout and Perthguy like this.

Price Accounting are a leading tax service for your property + tax issues. Contact Paul@PFI for property focussed tax services using our client portal access, digital signing and checklist based approach for best pricing. Free client pack included.