There's nothing like being on the home stretch

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by jaybean, 24th Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. jaybean

jaybean Well-Known Member

The start of a new build or renovation can be daunting - "oh god what have I got myself into"

But that home stretch. Where there are just one or two things left and you're not done yet but you're finally able to see it all come together. That final coat of paint. That final thing to install. Even if I'm not the one doing the renovations it's just so rewarding knowing it's almost there - I actually find this to be more thrilling than actually finishing the job. Man, that final stretch. It's so sweet.

Next to counting CG, this is by far the most satisfying part of it all. Anyone else agree?

KDP likes this.
  2. Depreciator

Depreciator Well-Known Member

I find the home stretch the hardest. I lose interest and my head moves onto other things. I admire people who finish a job 100%.

bob shovel likes this.
  3. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

I'm at the home stretch on a new build now and I've been cool as the whole way through - but now the cracks are starting to show....I love the beginning of the project best. Planning is the funnest part, but i find the end stressful. Paying the bills, finding the tenants - yuck. Highest stress part of it for me.

4. jaybean

jaybean Well-Known Member

That's not what I could call the home stretch then. I mean when there's literally just one or two minor bits to go:)

5. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

The last 10% takes 90% of the time!

6. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

That's where I'm at - got keys but final touch ups still happening.

7. beachgurl

beachgurl Well-Known Member

I likened renovating/building like dating. It's all exciting at first and then after a few weeks I get a bit tired and over it.