The Property Investor's Routine...what do YOU do?

Discussion in 'Investor Psychology & Mindset' started by Marco Bon, 19th Aug, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Find someone you can work with first and form a solid team between you both,if you read and study different very successful people within this site and the prior site then sometimes that simple rule comes out many times..

Then you will have to distinguish successful people from unsuccessful people,and find the ones that are perfectly transparent and become a good listener.

Phar Lap likes this.
  2. Phar Lap

Phar Lap Well-Known Member

Also, never give up.

Weve been looking for a particular property in the NSW coastal hinterland for the last 2 years, small acres, decent house but with plenty of potential, and great views of rolling green hills, within 20-30mins to beaches, and the price had to be in the $300k's.

Found plenty but all above $400k especially the ones with the great views which were more like $500k +
    Week after week checking RE.com searching all up and down the coast from Port Stephens to as far as Sunshine coast.

Finally, a couple months ago we found one with great views and with excellent potential to take full advantage of those views (build a mighty deck) as the current vendors have not even been interested in going outside, let alone look at the views. (why live there?)

20mins to Nambucca beaches, 8.5 acres with nambucca river frontage, 5 mins to closest town, heaps of shedding and plenty of scope for improvement, yet very comfortable & ready to live in as is.
    All this for $355k, we cant believe its happening as we were just about to give up the hunt or resign to paying alot more to continue.

Will rent out until the one day we decide to move in and enjoy those views and the coast again.

Good luck, although you make your own luck, mostly.

Chillingout, Gockie and ellejay like this.
  3. Phase2

Phase2 Well-Known Member

Agree. Especially the 'don't overthink it' part. You can read books forever, you can come up with 100 different strategies but while you're doing that you'll probably miss lots of opportunity.

Talk to a mortgage broker that understands property investing to find out how much you can borrow and work out what you can reasonably afford. Plenty on here can help. Work out what and where you want to buy, then pull the trigger.

4. Big Will

Big Will Well-Known Member

Best time saver thing I can think of is setup a notification within re.com to let you know whenever something is listed.

Once you acquire a property you can change it to be once a week or longer if you want but I like once a week as you are constantly seeing changes and keeps property investment front of mind.

Check out the sold section regularly and if you see properties similar to the ones you have bought go check them out so when you see the sold price you can determine roughly what yours is worth.

Phar Lap and Magnet like this.
  5. WallyB66

WallyB66 Well-Known Member

I moved to full time prop in April- I find 3 keys are- 1 hr exercise per day (I tend to eat more working from home..), meditate twice a day (away from kids) and pop into somersoft/ property chat to spend some time with peeps smarter than I...