The properties with no price

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Wall Street, 10th Dec, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. emza

emza Well-Known Member

As someone searching for a PPOR it's so frustrating when they write "address available upon request".

Me: Hey, interested in that property. What is the address?
    Agent: blah blah, it's awesome, tops, great...
    Me: Yes, but the address?
    Agent: Gives address. It's not where I want to live.
    Me: Okay, bye.

Repeat multiple times. I think I've learned by now that no address supplied means its next to the glue factory or whatever. Maybe they do it so they can tell the owner "We've had X phone inquiries!"

2. AndrewTDP

AndrewTDP Well-Known Member

Abney Cl sold for $375,000 on 11/9/15. Haven't got the new price as yet. (Don't ask me how, but I can get you any price in NSW from 2001 on).

(Actually it's just a really cool plug in to Google Earth. I love Open Data)

3. Big Will

Big Will Well-Known Member

Not going to defend all agents.

1. the 80LVR is cashflow positive with money in the offset he just assumed you knew this part ;).

2. I don't know the suburb that you are referring to but there is a lot of suburbs that are really small that people wouldn't know of so the REA puts it as the bigger suburb to get visibility...Regarding the FS board well it can be a typo from the board people and were in the process of changing it.

3. Agents are not building inspectors, if the vendor told them it was and they would advertise it as. RE price maybe the vendors needed x so that is why no price reduction or maybe they were still interested even though it wasn't legal.

4. Leewei

Leewei Well-Known Member

They were supposed to make the files available for download in .DAT format last November but they have since delayed it indefinitely. :(
    I was looking forward to incorporating it into my website.

5. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

6. balwoges

balwoges Well-Known Member

It was obvious when we looked at it the agent was just seeing who would offer the most and not prepared to give us a figure ... very nice home, looking back, too small for us - am glad I missed out as the home I have bought is bigger and better :D

Perthguy likes this.
  7. Coastal

Coastal Well-Known Member

Some agents are just Full on F Wits. Makes me wonder if they actually want to sell the property that is being advertised. Surely they must realise if they want be be successful in realestate it is all about relationships.