Entertainment & Music The Official Game of Thrones books/TV show thread (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Justin_Z, 18th Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

We don't Foxtel, so was slow coming to the series ... bought 1-4 a few months back and had a massive GOT marathon over a few weekends ... bought 5 last week and watched it in one day ... mass watching is the best way to keep up with the storyline ... sob ... now I have to wait a whole year for the series 6 release to find out what happens next!

Ah well - plenty of time to re-watch then

2. Peter_Tersteeg

Peter_Tersteeg Mortgage Broker Business Member

I've been watching some reviews, here's some I especially like (Aussie Man Reviews):
    Game of Thrones Seasons 1-3 Recaps & Reviews - YouTube

Be warned that he takes a very bogan approach. Plenty of swearing. Could be perceived as sexist, rasist and generally offensive. I do find the approach amusing and there is some actual meat in the analysis.

3. Befuddled

Befuddled Well-Known Member

For a funny (yet surprisingly accurate) take look up "honest trailers game of thrones" on youtube

4. Justin_Z

Justin_Z Mortgage Broker Business Member

New trailer, can't wait!!

geoffw likes this.
  5. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

You timeD it perfectly, only a few weeks to go til the next series instead of a nearly a year like most people!

6. Sonamic

Sonamic Well-Known Member

Starts next week.

7. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Hope there's an accidental leakage again.
    Wonder if someone got in trouble for that.

8. househuntn

househuntn Well-Known Member

And leakage occurred again.

Quite revealing, the new episode

9. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Some eye popping nudity at the end there too.

10. househuntn

househuntn Well-Known Member

Haha I was just thinking at that moment how long it would take this season. About 50 minutes and....something to cater for different tastes...

11. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

<spoiler>

Just curious, why's the young girl blind?

What happened

12. Mumbai

Mumbai Well-Known Member

SPOILER RESPONSE TO SPOILER QUESTION
    Her blindness was as punishment for killing Ser Meryn Trant and taking a face from theHouse of Black and White without permission

13. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

But might not be permanent I'm guessing, depending on how quickly she picks up blind stick fighting.

legallyblonde likes this.
  14. C-mac

C-mac Well-Known Member

OMG just read some of the latest theories for S6.

I love the fact that the show is pretty much caught up to the books. No one really knows what will happen next, now, and I love that.

However the most popular theory of the day is that Melisandre won't be the one to resurrect Jon!

It could happen by accident because one theory suggests that; as we all suspect, Jon's lineage is actually Targaryan. This means that when castle black go to burn his body in the flames (as is custom for castle black to do for their dead), he will rise a la Danny rising from the flames, unburnt.

Technically this works as the books have mount evidence for this suggestion. Not only that but it would do two plot things in the one action; provide evidence of Jons true lineage, and also resurrect Jon.

Also, the showmakers and actors werent lying when they said 'Jon Snow is definitely 100% dead and not coming back' because Jon Snow will remain dead. Instead, Jon Targaryan will be born ;)

Also, if this happens it is then pretty obvious that Tyrion's true lineage will get outed and the three of them will take the place of the 3-headed dragon (and possibly each fly one of Dany's dragons!).

Or, this could all be BS and GRR Martin will throw some shocking twist in outta nowhere!

RetireRich101 likes this.
  15. RetireRich101

RetireRich101 Well-Known Member

I can't get a visual image of Melisandre's real body out of my thinking yet, can we not......

16. C-mac

C-mac Well-Known Member

I know!

Did you know though and would you believe - that one shot was the most expensive in the entire episode!

Why? Because none of it was real. Supposedly some of the most advanced photo-realistic CGI ever put to film or TV, was included in that shot.

One of the hardest things to do in CGI is to mitigate what is called 'dead eye syndrome'. This is where the face may look 100% photo-real but there is something slightly 'off' about the look in their eyes, as though the eyes arent genuine or properly emotive.

In crappy video games and older video games you see it all the time. But in movies it is getting better.

The hardest part of the shot of Melisandre was the moment where her eyes avert away from the mirror. If you rewatch that shot (i know you may not want to lol!), the effort they went to, to create genuine emotive, sorrowful eyes as she turns away, was incredible. They didnt even motion-capture a humans face. The entire shot was supposedly built from scratch.

17. Mumbai

Mumbai Well-Known Member

Why go through all that just to make 'it' look like a human. I am sure there would a lot of em ready to act in GoT for that scene.. For lot less.

18. Phantom

Phantom Well-Known Member

But it's not like he was burnt alive and survived like a real Targaryan. He is already dead. Stabbed to death. How can he be burnt back to life? It's like Khalessi. If she was stabbed to death, would fire bring her back to life? I don't know. ...
    I do believe that those 3 characters though are the 3 main ones. Jon, Tyrion and Khalessi. And I do think Jon will come back, but just not sure how....

19. C-mac

C-mac Well-Known Member

Thats a fai point. But from episode 1 his body is clearly dead for a while. Melisandre could still do it with magic or whatever. She simply backed the wrong horse in Stannis, maybe Jon is he right one for her prophecy. Or maybe her reveal is revealing that she is 100% a sham.

But then, she must have some powers, the birth scene a few seasons back etc.?

20. C-mac

C-mac Well-Known Member

I also hope that at least two of the stark siblings get to see each other this season.

Maybe Bran will connect with some of the others? Looks like he is getting more powerful!