Cars & Motorbikes The motorbike thread

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Davothegreat, 30th Apr, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. dan_89

dan_89 Well-Known Member

PI is definitely an eye opener! Pretty hard to beat the feeling of flying into turn 1 without touching the brakes, drop it back a gear then knee down at probably around 220km/h. Top speed down the strait on the 600 was 246km/h on the GPS timer and managed to get down to 1:49 lap times last track day and there were 1000's flying past me like I was standing still!

There was a guy down there last time in my pit shed from Sydney who had hired one of the BMW bikes, poor bloke binned it in the second session and was almost in tears when I saw him come back! sure ruied his day! Would have hated to see the damage bill he would have been up for..

alexm and Davothegreat like this.
  2. Sonamic

Sonamic Well-Known Member

Honda VFR 800 sports tourer with the Vtec kick. Super Sports got too hard on the wrists on long day rides. :p My first pay packet out of school got me my first road bike. Bike licence came before car licence. I have only ever once in my adult life been without a bike in the shed. This dragged on for 8 months. Didn't feel normal.

dan_89 and Davothegreat like this.
  3. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

PI is awesome - but I'll stay firmly on 4 wheels thanks!!

I screwed up turn 1 big time on one occasion - missed the breaking point, had two wheels on the dirt hoping to wash off speed........managed to save it :p Wouldn't have stood a chance on 2 wheels like you people!!

The Y-man

4. Brian84

Brian84 Well-Known Member

I got hit by a truck on my r6. That wasn't a fun day. Luckily we weren't moving fast and no broken bones but I lost my bike.

5. alexm

alexm Well-Known Member

Damn, not good. Lucky you were Ok. These are the hazards when riding bikes. Poor R6.

Brian84 likes this.
  6. dan_89

dan_89 Well-Known Member

While we are here.. does anyone want to buy my GSX-R 600 to help fund another house deposit!? C'mon surely someone could do with a mid-life crisis motorbike purchase

7. Icarus

Icarus Well-Known Member

Few 2-wheeled fans here. I have a couple - a mix of old and new... Some of my bikes are alternate means of investment - haven't actually sold any to make money yet, but it's the only way that I can justify my situation.

Old bikes - Velocette, Ariel, Elliott (my oldest @ 1922), Francis Barnett, James, BSA and a German TWN (early Triumph)

New - Newish - Harley (it's a spaghetti Harley though - 2 stroke 250cc from early 1970's), VMX YZ250, VOR 450 and a Suzuki 185 (for mates learning to ride).

Currently shopping for a Husaberg with low hours, I think they will become collectable in the future.

Davothegreat and alexm like this.
  8. mr500

mr500 Member

Will buy anything if the price is right!

9. Miss_D

Miss_D Well-Known Member

I have a 06 cbr 1000 and a 09 gsxr 1000. Previously had a k8 gsxr750 and my first bike was a gs500f.

Davothegreat and alexm like this.