The life and time of Ryan

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by 2seaornot2sea, 15th Oct, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. 2seaornot2sea

2seaornot2sea Member

Hi PropertyChatters!

Recently joined the forum but have done a bit of lurking in the past. Going to try my best to be a pretty active member, so I better give a quick rundown of who I am and what I do!

Roots: Just recently moved to Hobart, but float between there and my hometown of Noosa. Work as an Engineer on a Marine Research Vesell so spends half of my life out on the high seas.

Real Estate: Still in the beginning stages of my investment journey but have a property in Rose Bay (The Hobart one, not the Sydney one), and bomb proof 1980s brick unit in a complex of 8 in Coorparoo. Investment Strategy is buy and hold at its core, but with future plans for a bit of development and weird stuff on the side to scratch the creative itch.

Personal: Over the last few years I've become a huge consumer of any content related to health and longevity. Currently, my goals are to live forever or die trying. I"m also getting far more dialed in on how I can operate at my peak on a daily basis. FYI working all sorts of strange hours on a floating tin can with no natural light is not the answer.

Love snowboarding, camping, and exploring this beautiful country we live in as well as any other country when I get the chance. Intending to return to mountain biking very soon and have a 5-year plan to fulfill my childhood dreams of go-kart racing.

Philanthropy: Have a regular donation set up via effective altruism and looking to start using Kiva very shortly. I set up my regular donation because I believe it's the right thing to do, but it also allows me to be able to confidently telling shopping center charity spruikers I'm not interested without feeling guilty.

Looking forward to being part of the community!

Cheers,
    Ryan

2. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

Interesting photo of yourself - where are you?

3. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Health and longevity - I'm guessing you have heard of metformin?

4. 2seaornot2sea

2seaornot2sea Member

Chicago at the top of Sears Tower (or whatever it's been renamed now)

5. 2seaornot2sea

2seaornot2sea Member

I have heard it mentioned a lot but haven't looked into it heavily yet. I tried to dig in to a podcast where Dr Rhonda Patrick was explaining it but her rather monotone voice made it difficult to keep interested. Do you have any good starting points for me to read up on?

6. 2seaornot2sea

2seaornot2sea Member

Is there a way to edit thread titles? That typo is going to haunt me for the rest of my days

7. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

Great intro - love it! Looking forward to reading more from you :). Welcome to the forum!

8. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

If you really don't like it, report your post and put in the title you want that comes up - but I wouldn't stress about your thread name. It's more interesting than most!

9. jprops

jprops Well-Known Member

It's a medication for diabetes. You'll need a prescription and I wouldn't recommend experimenting without a team of medical practitioners studying you (like the people that you most likely follow do)

2seaornot2sea likes this.
  10. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

Welcome aboard.

I hit up the Wooroi trails quite a bit :)

Cheers

Jamie

11. Eric Wu

Eric Wu Well-Known Member

2seaornot2sea likes this.
  12. 2seaornot2sea

2seaornot2sea Member

Sound Advice!

Things like Metformin and the likes fall into the "I want to know about it because I think what they're doing is interesting" category rather than "I'm going to try that"

My area of interest in the moment is focusing on things I have to do every day anyway (Sleeping, Breathing, Eating, Moving) and finding out how I can tweak them to drastically increase my quality of life. Especially cases where ROTI is exponential rather than linear... compound health if you will.